Hopper(s) and Joey Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

19lisa80

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I am scheduled to have 1 hopper and and 2 Joey's installed on Saturday. After doing some research it appears I may be better off getting 2 hoppers since I will most likely be adding on a Joey in the future for my sons room. Does this sound like something I should do or just stick with the one hopper? Also I was told that there is a one time fee of $50 per hopper and a rental fee of $7 per month per Joey. Does that sound correct?Thank you for your help. I am trying to make sence of all this hopper and joey info.

2 Hoppers would give you six tuners to share in your household instead of the three provided with a single hopper. You could set up 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys and get your son's room taken care of with the first install.

It would be best to get your setup taken care of in the original install as there's no guarantee what a future upgrade price will cost you. Especially if it's so soon after the first hopper is installed. Just thought i'd warn you as most people would be unhappy with more upgrade costs so soon after the first hopper was installed.

You may want to contact someone on the DIRT team and ask them some details via private message.

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your account or phone number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

I have a 2h/2j system and I would personally recommend it over a 1h/2 or 3 j setup. Monthly fees are the same for both setups. The second Hopper may cost $100 upfront but I think its worth it. If you do 2h/2j now it will also save restarting the 2 year contract when you do add or change later. Keeping the extra joey for a short time is only 7.00 a month extra.

Thank you for your replies. I went with thru 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. Look forward to getting them this weekend!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts