Hopper S207 Software Release Notes

I still think you're missing my point. I'm talking about item #5 on the release notes: "5.fixed - Joey showing not connected even when it is connected through the Hopper". That implies that the Hopper IS bridging the Ethernet and MoCA networks, at least as far as Internet access (for what? apps?) is concerned. So why not DLNA as well? Or if I'm mis-understanding it, then what "connection" of the Joey are they talking about?

I think what needs to be clarified is what exactly the connected icon they are talking about means. Does it mean that your Joey is connected to a Hopper? Or is it connected back to Dish's DishOnline servers? Or a connection back to your home router? That would make the difference as to weither that green connection icon means that DLNA is working or not. If it just means that there's a connection to the Hopper, then that doesn't necessarily mean that DLNA is working. It just means that video services can be sent to that Joey from the Hopper.

3. Fixed - Selecting 'Live TV' for currently recording event takes user to beginning of event

I think that means that they fixed a bug where when you pressed "View Live TV" while watching an event that was in the progress of being recorded, it would restart the event from the beginning instead of jumping you up to Live. I never experenced this, but I can see why that would be annoying.

And IMO, it's best to have an HIC in your setup. It's supposed to be included with your install anyway, why not get it?

Last edited:
And IMO, it's best to have an HIC in your setup. It's supposed to be included with your install anyway, why not get it?

Well, they didn't do it, as I was their first install. DIRT offered to send one, but could not send the tap unless I did a trouble ticket. My installer was one of the nicest Dish representatives that has ever entered my home, so I opted to connect the Cat5 instead. I know that if that were to continue to cause me a problem, DIRT would send it to me down the road. Plus, it's just one more device to fail in the chain.

Well, they didn't do it, as I was their first install. DIRT offered to send one, but could not send the tap unless I did a trouble ticket. My installer was one of the nicest Dish representatives that has ever entered my home, so I opted to connect the Cat5 instead. I know that if that were to continue to cause me a problem, DIRT would send it to me down the road. Plus, it's just one more device to fail in the chain.

Sir, you are a true gentleman for not building a trouble call on that tech. Hats off to you.

S207 installed Friday morning, since then NO PTAT recordings have been made at all despite DVR acting like it is recording them but none show up in PTAT Recordings nor do the recordings show up in user space for those I have timers for that are on major networks in primetime. THIS IS VERY BAD! I had zero problems with PTAT recordings before I received S207!!!!

My PTAT recordings worked just fine when I received S207. You might look to see that PTAT is still enabled.

Not sure if we got my update Friday or Saturday. Saturday night though my PTAT did not start. Got home and noticed nothing recording. Rebooted box and it started up the recordings within a few minutes. Worked like normal on Sunday night so all seems fine.

I have had my first Joey disconnect since I downloaded the new software. Required a MOCA network reset to function again. I hope it's not a sign of things to come. 204 had treated me perfectly.

if you're trying to do the preferred hardwired internet connection, then you'll need to connect an ethernet cable at every Hopper/Joey location where you want to use home media. (Ondemand requires just the hopper(s) to be connected)

Since most people don't have ethernet access at every location, then just about everyone should go with a HIC during the install (and leave wifi as a last resort). The HIC connects all Hopper/Joey locations at just one client line location, so it's pretty much the safest thing to do at this point.

I just had a 2 hopper 2 Joey system installed. I have had this tech on numerous occasions before and have yet to be satisfied with any of his work. Should my setup have included a HIC or is there an extra charge for that?

I just had a 2 hopper 2 Joey system installed. I have had this tech on numerous occasions before and have yet to be satisfied with any of his work. Should my setup have included a HIC or is there an extra charge for that?
depends on how it's connected now. The HIC is free with the initial install (if it's needed to provide connectivity to the hoppers).

The techs won't go out of their way to use a HIC unless it's easy to do.

try some of these threads to get an idea on what you need and how the wiring should be done

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)