Hopper S212 Feedback and Issues

Latest Issue!

Unable to play recorded show. Getting error 013 "This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased. To purchase, please call the customer service center"
I sub to this channel! I have rebooted the hopper to no avail.

:mad::mad:

I am calling.

Last edited:
In response to trying to watch a recording made this very evening:

"This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased."

The show is Futurama and I have in fact purchased Comedy Central so why can't I watch said recording?

To add insult to injury, it then went ahead and marked the recording as watched...I am immensely displeased.

my upgrade/install is tomorrow; coming from 1- 722k and 2- 222k's...
connected to 6 TV's; 2 tv's to each receiver right now.
any idea how long the upgrade will take?

is it as simple as just plugging in boxes to my tv, or, will there need to be a lot of re-wiring?

Thanks

my upgrade/install is tomorrow; coming from 1- 722k and 2- 222k's...
connected to 6 TV's; 2 tv's to each receiver right now.
any idea how long the upgrade will take?

is it as simple as just plugging in boxes to my tv, or, will there need to be a lot of re-wiring?

Thanks

Almost impossible to say without more info. If all the TVs run back to a central distribution point it should go pretty quick. If your current "TV2" locations are a hung off a web of randomly split and re-split coax it could mean rewiring just about every Joey location.

Yeah, I believe all tv's run back to a distribution point, either on my roof, or in my attic.
Sounds like that will be a breeze to upgrade then!
I was just installed 8 months ago, so my connections and such should still be ok, or, are there special connections that have to be made to the Hopper/Joey?

thanks again!

Bug I'm trying to track with S212 on my Hopper: every so often, it just won't record a timer that's set. In the Schedule list, it shows as "cancelled by user" when that's not the case. Weird. Then if I go try to restore a repeat, it first says not a new episode, then says restored while not restoring, then says already scheduled to record, even though it didn't record when it was supposed to. Have to go in and hit restore again to get it to actually restore. Definitely multiple bugs in the software here.

These are new problems to 212, no issues prior.

Bug I'm trying to track with S212 on my Hopper: every so often, it just won't record a timer that's set. In the Schedule list, it shows as "cancelled by user" when that's not the case. Weird. Then if I go try to restore a repeat, it first says not a new episode, then says restored while not restoring, then says already scheduled to record, even though it didn't record when it was supposed to. Have to go in and hit restore again to get it to actually restore. Definitely multiple bugs in the software here.

These are new problems to 212, no issues prior.

Same issue here with cancelled timers. We've had several shows that didn't tape this week because they were "cancelled by user" even though no one was home at the time.

Still not flagged to record...

So after my 9th call about my timer issues, Dish is giving me a 2nd Hopper & another Joey so between the 2 receivers I can get close to the 96 timers they promised me when I signed up instead of the 37 I can currently set up now

So after my 9th call about my timer issues, Dish is giving me a 2nd Hopper & another Joey so between the 2 receivers I can get close to the 96 timers they promised me when I signed up instead of the 37 I can currently set up now

I'm retired and have lots of spare time and I also call E* frequently about problems with dropped channels from favs lists, lost recordings, etc. It bothers me a little when I see a problem listed on this site by several subs and, when I call E* to report it, I am almost always told "You are the first person to call about this". I think there are some people back at E* whose noses are growing.

I'm retired and have lots of spare time and I also call E* frequently about problems with dropped channels from favs lists, lost recordings, etc. It bothers me a little when I see a problem listed on this site by several subs and, when I call E* to report it, I am almost always told "You are the first person to call about this". I think there are some people back at E* whose noses are growing.
Maybe they mean you are the first person to call them, today! With that problem.:D

I heard that every time I called. The thing that upset me the most was promises of callbacks I never got. This time I called & just said "I want...to fix your mis-representation of this product." They didn't argue.

Have had the Hopper/3 Joeys for about two months now. Tried the PTAT for awhile, but turned it off. Only made use of it one time. Much easier to set timers we want, as we seldom watch network TV. Two adults, no kids in house. I have not had any noticable problems so far.....until now. I have had S212 for - I guess - since it automatically was downloaded. I cannot get the Hopper to "talk" to my EHD, andit has been that way since install. Now, tho, every other day or so, my IR remote does not work. I check and find that IR is turned off. Then a reboot is necessasry to make the remote work again. At first I thought maybe a software upgrade did it, but have looked and every time, it is still S212. No power outages/fluctuations have occured. Any one have any idea why this has just started? I don't seem to have any "important" glitches, biut it is annoying. Guess I'm semi-lucky.....

My apologies, they were vip211k's and I explicitly asked DISH about the issue prior to upgrading. :/

Still, if it comes down to reformatting them, so be it...still, not the installer, nor either of the techs I chatted with online nor anyone I spoke to, at great length, on phone support felt the hard drives were incompatible with the Hopper. The Hopper utterly fails to acknowledge them. It acts as though nothing was plugged in at all.

Are you suggesting that if I were to hook up one of the EHD's to my computer and do say a generic fat32 reformatting or whatever would be appropriate, the Hopper will suddenly start acknowledging it? If so, I'll transfer the data off and do just that. I can worry about salvaging my movies later. At the moment I'd be quite happy just to get the Hopper to acknowledge it.

EDIT: Typos

My seagate drive is the same. Not recognized. I reformatted it on my computer, and tried it again, but no joy. I have OMega 1TB deive that is recognized. Some are, some aren't

Got the 2nd Hopper & another Joey on Sunday. Moved 1 timer to it. Pawn Stars. New Only. Date June 25th. Fine. Looked at following Monday in the guide, July 2nd, 2 new episodes, not flagged to record. *sigh* Will look again Tuesday to see if it picks them up.

Got the 2nd Hopper & another Joey on Sunday. Moved 1 timer to it. Pawn Stars. New Only. Date June 25th. Fine. Looked at following Monday in the guide, July 2nd, 2 new episodes, not flagged to record. *sigh* Will look again Tuesday to see if it picks them up.

I had the same issue yesterday with American Restoration (same channel) as Pawn Stars. I already had a time with AR for new only and it had selected a couple of different episodes to tape. Determined that I was missing some older episodes, so I changed to timer to All. A lot more episodes were added, but I changed my mind and decided to change the timer back again to New only and then manually add some episodes since now I had too many old shows that I had already watched. When I changed the timer back to New Only, no episodes were marked to record. All the episodes that were previously marked to record both old and new were now unmarked. Wound up manually selecting the episodes to record.

Wonder if the problem was the Hopper or maybe the guide itself isn't flagging shows as new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)