Hopper S213 Feedback and Issues

I don't know if this is an issue of S213 since I've only ever had S213...but a series timer of mine for Phineas and Ferb, set to only keep 5 episodes, has 13 in its folder. Why? Am I doing it wrong?

It only deletes the extras when the DVR is full.

Last night for the second time since I received 213 on 6/26 (and after I had eliminated all but the one Ethernet line and to only the Hopper), did the joey lose the link. Was watching a recorded program on the joey and about 10 minutes into it the Joey lost the link and the MoCA showed as not connected. Tried to reset the connection and the network but no go. Just turned it off and this morning all is good again.

Odd issue this evening:
Hopper is off, but set to record PTAT.
Joey 1 is off.
Joey 2 is on.

Other than PTAT, only one other show is set to record during prime time: from 7-8pm.

Joey 2 unlinks (MoCA looks strong), and I go to turn on Joey 1. It is also unlinked, but with strong MoCA. I go to the Hopper and notice no red light for the PTAT. I turn it on, and both the red and green light appear. I check PTAT, and the 9pm shows are JUST starting to record. It appears at first that it missed about 14 minutes of them. Two shows (Fox 9pm news, and Love in the Wold) show TWICE in the PTAT folder: one recording shows starting at 9pm, but being only 7 minutes long; the other starting recording at 9:14. I go to both Joeys, and they are suddenly linked again.

Is PTAT on a Hopper in "standby" failing and unlinking? Only the Hopper is connected to internet. Bridging was NOT disabled, but will be now.

It looks as if SOMETHING happened at exactly 9:07:37 this evening. I'm still trying to understand everything...but it appears as of my 9pm recordings are all screwed up.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, for every one or two issues reported, that there are thousands of us out there who have few, if any, issues at all.......

Agreed. I'm never an early adopter and I wanted to wait until summer (between TV seasons & before the Olympics) before pulling the trigger on the upgrade. I've only had it for a few days, but I've had no problems whatsoever, so far.....

Agreed -- on a forum especially, you're much more likely to see comments from people having problems than from people without issues. We've had a few glitches here and there, but nothing serious -- I've been through the 501, 508, 622, 722, and now Hopper on Dish (and before any of those, the non-DVR 4900 :) ) and the Hopper has probably been the most-reliable-from-the-start DVR of them all.

Shoot, the things that my 3H/2J can do versus my 2 722Ks is night and day! Overall they're no more buggy than the 722Ks that they replaced. The amount of things that they can do compared to the 722Ks is 10-fold, and it's only getting even better with every software update!

Keep in mind, for every one or two issues reported, that there are thousands of us out there who have few, if any, issues at all.......

Yeah, I know. But I'm jittery lately, especially with the economy. And what I got ain't broke, so.....

Although, one of my ViP722s sure seems to be trying hard to suicide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts