Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Looks like S213 is here and it features the ability to watch recordings from any of the Hoppers in your house. (Yippie!)

So please post your feedback and issues here for the DISH team to see! :)

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

Looks like I might have received the new update last night, as the screen saver looks different and the word "select" is in BIG RED letters.

Unfortunately it looks like the update did something to my Hopper as it is frozen tight. The screen saver is not moving and if I got to DISHonline to reboot it it shows as being offline. Hopefully a red button reboot will fix it when I get home.

I had issues with 213's sharing. Quick and dirty testing was OK yesterday morning, but last night I got random, unpredictable, but mostly unsuccessful results.

I may get the intended program playback from the remote Hopper without sound. I may get a tuner from the local Hopper without sound. I may get a black screen. I may get video from local tuner 1 but sound from tuner 2. Just a few of the combinations I've seen tonight.

I had similar issues going from Hopper A to B or from Hopper B to A.

This morning a quick test seemed OK again.

Also, when plaback across Hoppers is working, Auto-Hop does does not seem to work between Hoppers.

Anyone else seeing any of this?

Last edited:
Is S213 on both Hoppers? A Hopper with S213 and the other still with S212 would probably account for these glitches.

Received 213/265 monday night/ Tuesday morning. Only have one hopper and one Joey so cannot comment on Hopper to Hopper however since receiving 265 on Joey I have had nothing but issues remaining linked. Every few minutes picture will freeze (live or recording) and sometimes will come back and more than not, loses link and starts looking for the Hopper. One time last night it even rebooted on it's own while trying to find the Hopper. Very annoying, I can't get through more than a few minutes of watching. Also noticed that Joey now shows network connected as moca when it is via ethernet, Hopper still shows ethernet. Prior to update both showed as ethernet, Have reset both Joey and Hopper several times but has not helped. Had no problems before the update.

All Joeys were updated for me but only 1 of 2 hopper so now I can only play things on the hopper with the update from the Joeys. Is there a way to force an update for the second hopper to fix the problem?

Is S213 on both Hoppers? A Hopper with S213 and the other still with S212 would probably account for these glitches.
All Joeys were updated for me but only 1 of 2 hopper so now I can only play things on the hopper with the update from the Joeys.
Oooh, good point. Since they send out s/w updates based on serial numbers or something, I wonder if they take into account households that have (2) Hoppers and one of them isn't targeted (yet) ? Sounds like they don't or can't.
Is there a way to force an update for the second hopper to fix the problem?
No

Well playing around with the update for one of the hoppers and it looks like there are no changes to the DNLA capabilities, it still will not play AVI files :mad:

Received 213/265 monday night/ Tuesday morning. Only have one hopper and one Joey so cannot comment on Hopper to Hopper however since receiving 265 on Joey I have had nothing but issues remaining linked. Every few minutes picture will freeze (live or recording) and sometimes will come back and more than not, loses link and starts looking for the Hopper. One time last night it even rebooted on it's own while trying to find the Hopper. Very annoying, I can't get through more than a few minutes of watching. Also noticed that Joey now shows network connected as moca when it is via ethernet, Hopper still shows ethernet. Prior to update both showed as ethernet, Have reset both Joey and Hopper several times but has not helped. Had no problems before the update.

Do you have both the coax and ethernet connected on the Joey? I ask because this morning I was going to (subjectively) compare ethernet to MOCA. I normally have only ethernet plugged into the Joey. I connected the coax (with Ethernet still in) and reset the Joey. Joey could not find the Hopper. Strangely, the Joey showed only MOCA, no ethernet, and the MOCA had the IP address normally assigned to the ethernet. So I disconnected the Ethernet and reset the Joey. Still no Joy. Disconnected the coax, plugged in the ethernet, reset. Buggered.

Long story short, I had to disconnect the power on the Joey, connect either coax or ethernet, but not both. RESET the HOPPER. Reconnect the power on the Joey. Works fine.

Well, I got S213 on my Hopper early this morning. As far as I can tell, it didn't break anything that I use. That's a good thing.

Do you have both the coax and ethernet connected on the Joey? I ask because this morning I was going to (subjectively) compare ethernet to MOCA. I normally have only ethernet plugged into the Joey. I connected the coax (with Ethernet still in) and reset the Joey. Joey could not find the Hopper. Strangely, the Joey showed only MOCA, no ethernet, and the MOCA had the IP address normally assigned to the ethernet. So I disconnected the Ethernet and reset the Joey. Still no Joy. Disconnected the coax, plugged in the ethernet, reset. Buggered.

Long story short, I had to disconnect the power on the Joey, connect either coax or ethernet, but not both. RESET the HOPPER. Reconnect the power on the Joey. Works fine.

Interesting....didn't seem to matter before but I will give it a shot....thanks

I must have received the 213/265 updates last night because the one Joey I have was having trouble connecting to either of the Hoppers (have 2). Up until this morning I had both Hoppers and the Joey attached to my home network via cat5. Had to remove the network cables from one Hopper and the Joey before I could get everything to work. Once everything was working I was able to see and play recordings between Hoppers.

Once I get my home server rebuilt I'll test watching video files from my Plex server.

As I stated in the other thread, I have had major PTAT issues since I got the update on my one Hopper system. Recordings freeze during playback and I have had numerous instances of huge chunks of recordings being lost. I was watching America's Got Talent and about 10 minutes in I get a message box popup that part of my recording has been lost and the next thing I know I am playing the middle part of Two and a Half Men, which is incredibly odd since as far as I know AGT is on NBC and Two and a Half Men is on CBS. This one Hopper household is definitely wanting S212 back as the wife is NOT happy.

213 on both Hoppers here. PTAT and Auto Hop work across hoppers. Someone posted earlier that this wasn't working for them, but it works for me!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. It seems to not work...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)