Hopper S216 Feedback

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like bridgeing is now disabled by default. Had to turn it back on.

Yeah thats the first thing folks should check if they are having any issues to make sure they have that enable. Something I will check once I get on the latest update as well still on S213.. But I'm using the HIC so might not be a issue but will have to wait and see..

Last edited:
Yeah thats the first thing folks should check if they are having any issues to make sure they have that enable. Something I will check once I get on the latest update as well still on S213.. But I'm using the HIC so might not be a issue but will have to wait and see..

I wish they wouldn't have hidden the option...but I guess people shouldn't be messing with it unless they know what they are doing. Also helps to sell more HIC's I guess.

I wish they wouldn't have hidden the option...but I guess people shouldn't be messing with it unless they know what they are doing. Also helps to sell more HIC's I guess.

Yeah HIC is what I recommend just a allot easier to deal with and it works plus less patch cables so forth.. I also would suggest to everyone doing a new install or doing a upgrade to have the Tech leave the HIC there that way if you do start having issues you can always try to hook them up and see if that fixes the issues..

S216 on one of my Hoppers but still S213 on the other. I wish they would realease the software to all the Hoppers on the account at the same time as now I dont know if any bugs I may see are new software releated, or mismatched software releated.

I just purchased DISH 3 days ago so I am new at this..... I thought it updated automatic everyday at 3:30 in the morning or so??

I just purchased DISH 3 days ago so I am new at this..... I thought it updated automatic everyday at 3:30 in the morning or so??

General updates such as the programming guide occur nightly at 1 AM or first available hour there after if you're recording something. Software releases for new features, fixes etc occur as available and are usually sent first to a sample group and then over a period of time based on the in service date or serial number (or some cryptic method like that) of the receiver.

I got 216/268 this morning. I was using an ethernet connection from my router to one Hopper and that worked OK after the update.

I just got a HIC installed and the system now works much better. DLNA apps now work, no more "unable to connect ..." warnings using On Demand, all boxes now have DHCP assigned IP addresses, all thru MoCA - there are no wireless or ethernet connections.

I got my HIC for free with the $15 service charge waived after explaining to E* that they weren't available in March when the system was upgraded. They agreed.

I got 216/268 this morning. I was using an ethernet connection from my router to one Hopper and that worked OK after the update.

I just got a HIC installed and the system now works much better. DLNA apps now work, no more "unable to connect ..." warnings using On Demand, all boxes now have DHCP assigned IP addresses, all thru MoCA - there are no wireless or ethernet connections.

I got my HIC for free with the $15 service charge waived after explaining to E* that they weren't available in March when the system was upgraded. They agreed.

Yeah the HIC the way to go. Glad everything working.. :)

I think we have a winner with 216! Drop down boxes for which hopper you want to watch recordings on has not disappeared!

S216 on one of my Hoppers but still S213 on the other. I wish they would realease the software to all the Hoppers on the account at the same time as now I dont know if any bugs I may see are new software releated, or mismatched software releated.
I brought this possibility up when they first announced the Hoppers.

Vivek, et al, PLEASE set up a way for multi-hopper houses to get the SAME SW on BOTH Hoppers at the SAME time.

My Hopper got 216 today and I am not able to use the Sling adapter properly on my iPad. I have not used it in a while so I am not sure if the issue is new or on going. I can see my DVR recording and the guide, but cannot watch anything. Sometimes I get connection errors and sometimes it appears to load and then just shows a black screen on the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My Hopper got 216 today and I am not able to use the Sling adapter properly on my iPad. I have not used it in a while so I am not sure if the issue is new or on going. I can see my DVR recording and the guide, but cannot watch anything. Sometimes I get connection errors and sometimes it appears to load and then just shows a black screen on the iPad.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I just tried myself, I am getting a technical difficulty error when I try to log in on my ipad

Update working now

New bug, when changing a Joey's linking to other Hopper, link screen doesn't change, shows linked to wrong Hopper but is actually linked to selected one.

edit: after 15 minutes, screen went black, Joey not linked. Now it shows linked to both Hoppers, still black screen and Hopper will not change channels.

Last edited:
I think S217 is on its way. I called with issues of my Hopper locking up during long periods of being idle. The tech on the phone said that my current version (S213) was four versions behind, and that he'd force update my receiver to 217.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)