Hopper S216 Feedback

Mine shows 217. I was having the problem of transferred EHD recordings not working (just a blank screen). It looks like now with 217 those all work just fine! Thanks for making the wife very happy Dish! (She was NOT happy with me when she thought she lost some of her recordings when I switched us from a 722 system to Hopper.) :)

Very happy with 216/217 my biggest issue has been resolved (drop down boxes for which hooper to view recordings would disaper) looks to have been resolved to more resetting! Very happy with this. Thanks Dish for polishing up this system!

Mine shows 217. I was having the problem of transferred EHD recordings not working (just a blank screen). It looks like now with 217 those all work just fine! Thanks for making the wife very happy Dish! (She was NOT happy with me when she thought she lost some of her recordings when I switched us from a 722 system to Hopper.) :)

217 here and my transferred EHD recordings still do not work. :(

Woohoo got 217, finally autohop from hoppers works for me... Been stuck on 213...

-Erik

Edit: Poor Scott is needing to make a new sticky everyday, lol

Just got 217, and I'm hoping that this fixes my problems with my Hopper locking up when sitting idle for long periods of time. I have a replacement Hopper coming my way, so I have to ask: if 217 makes this Hopper more stable, do I HAVE to activate the replacement? Or can I just send IT back?

And oddly, the email confirming the replacement Hopper's shipment says "NO" under the "return" column, making me believe my current Hopper DOESN'T need to be returned.

Wierd, didn't notice this before, but it seems that the Hopper uses 2 tuners to watch 2 different channels whenever it is on. Has this always been the case? It is kind of like Directv how you can watch 2 different things and pause rewind etc on both channels, but you have to press the red button to change between the 2 tuners, it isn't the last 2 channels you were on.

I also noticed that when viewing PTAT shows, when you hit info, the wrong summary is displayed for that show.

Finally, it would be nice if when watching a recorded show from a different device than it is recorded (IE watching from Hopper to Hopper, or Unlinked Joey to Hopper), if it could go back to that DVR contents rather than it's own drive if on a Hopper or it's linked Hopper if it is a Joey.

-Erik

Don't want to jinx anything, but Hopper is now pretty much perfect now :) with the software updates now i can turn off PTAT on one of my hoppers and access PTAT from the another and not have to do any reboots to bring up the drop down boxes for hopper recordings

Okay so now I'm three updates behind. Why do some get every update within days and the rest of us get none? I would love to be able to force an update like you could with Directv's cutting edge updates.

Okay so now I'm three updates behind. Why do some get every update within days and the rest of us get none? I would love to be able to force an update like you could with Directv's cutting edge updates.

What software update are you on 213?

Wierd, didn't notice this before, but it seems that the Hopper uses 2 tuners to watch 2 different channels whenever it is on. Has this always been the case? It is kind of like Directv how you can watch 2 different things and pause rewind etc on both channels, but you have to press the red button to change between the 2 tuners, it isn't the last 2 channels you were on.

-Erik

Yes, you can also use the swap button to switch between the tuners.

We updated to S216 on both hoppers overnight and the problem with timers showing as canceled by user is still occurring.

It is very easy to duplicate. Set up 3 half hour programs to record at the same time. Then create 3 new timers (all on different channels) for the next half hour. Turn off the hopper and make sure no joey is watching anything. The first 3 recordings work fine. Two of the next timers also work fine. The last timer will not record and has the message "Cancelled: By user Office".

I've tested this on both hoppers. I think that if I had been watching one of the programs on the hopper live during the test it would have asked about changing channels but nobody was watching. Normally this happens in the evening when we are watching recorded programs and it does NOT ask about changing channels when you are watching something previously recorded.

I tested with S217 this morning and the cancelled by user problem still exists. It wouldn't be so bad if the hopper would reschedule the skipped recording, but it does not.

I tested with S217 this morning and the cancelled by user problem still exists. It wouldn't be so bad if the hopper would reschedule the skipped recording, but it does not.

This is disturbing and hope it gets fixed soon. It may explain why some of my scheduled events did not record in the past.

I think we have a winner with 216! Drop down boxes for which hopper you want to watch recordings on has not disappeared!

Mine was gone on one of my Joeys this morning. Came back after a normal turn off and turn on. Still having FF issues on the Joey as well. Example, start a FF, and it will show 30 minutes remaining on the progress bar, then jump maybe 20 minutes left, act.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts