Hopper S439 Update

I had a customer who had that happen not long ago and it turned out that heir OTA wire or USB OTA module wire came loose, I don't remember which. Have you tried these things and of course a pull the plug re-boot?

Did all 3 reboots:
smart card reset
red button reset
power cord reset.

As for the ota module, it is plugged in good and I can see shows on any ota channels ,except when it is "recording" an ota show , which then is not visible at all in any folder and while it is "recording" you get nothing but black screen and you can't stop it or change the channel.

This is software induced fracking that I received yesterday morning at 3:10am. I have several ota shows that were recorded on the night of the update, but before it actually loaded the software ,that still work and they were all manual timers . Now it makes no difference, you can't use name based recording timers for ota sub channels and you can't see them if they are recording, because of black screen. You can't access the recordings in any folder. Basically ota is ruined , for now.

Yep... On S439/S503/S375 OTA recording is completely messed up... At least the format button works on OTA channels again...

Noticed they fixed CC so that all letters are shadowed instead of first few and shadow would be at incorrect position so that it would obscure text. However, the shadow color is still white even though I have selected font background as BLACK.

Did all 3 reboots:
smart card reset
red button reset
power cord reset.

As for the ota module, it is plugged in good and I can see shows on any ota channels ,except when it is "recording" an ota show , which then is not visible at all in any folder and while it is "recording" you get nothing but black screen and you can't stop it or change the channel.

This is software induced fracking that I received yesterday morning at 3:10am. I have several ota shows that were recorded on the night of the update, but before it actually loaded the software ,that still work and they were all manual timers . Now it makes no difference, you can't use name based recording timers for ota sub channels and you can't see them if they are recording, because of black screen. You can't access the recordings in any folder. Basically ota is ruined , for now.

What a mess! :wtf2

What a mess! :wtf2

Good news ! It looks like my ota manual timers are working again as of this Saturday night. I came home and Wonder Woman on Metv was recording and I was able to start it over from the start and there was an actual show in the Retro folder I could access as well. What ever the software did to my receiver on the 5th , it seems the ota is working again. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use it for the CW shows this fall . I still hope that DISH gets a move on and fixes the name based recording feature for ota and the sub channels so I don't have to keep on using manual timers .

Yep... On S439/S503/S375 OTA recording is completely messed up... At least the format button works on OTA channels again...

I still notice that the only way I can change the format is to change to an Sd Satellite channel to change the aspect ratio, and then change back to an ota SD channel to get my ratio to change. It's been this way for a long time now on my hopper.

One favorable thing I see is that I don't have to back up a recording when switching between live shows and recordings now. For a while I'd have to back up the recorded show by 10 or 20 seconds when I switched back to it to get back to where it was when I switched out.

I take back what I said about the CC. The CC still has the same problem I thought they fixed. No apparent fix on this firmware for CC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts