Hopper Sling Adapter and EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bdresch

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2009
WI
Can anyone with a sling adapter oh their Hopper see their external hard drive from it? I can see it and use it just fine from the hopper but it doesn't show up when I use my computer through the sling adapter. This is my first time with the sling adapter because I had a 622 but my friend with a 722 could always see him ehd over sling.

I can not get mine to connect to hopper either. It hangs and then shows a very slow connection with no picture. Replaced the 722 with hopper and never had an issue. Hope they fix it soon. This was an expensive upgrade.

When they installed mine on Friday, the red light wouldn't come on for the Sling adapter, but when I tried tonight it worked. Did freeze up a couple of times at first, but seems to be good now.

I get a red light but a extremely long process then no picture. It says no bandwidth. Never had an issue with 722. I wonder if it is not connecting while it is recording the prime time shows. I'll try again after 11est.

Still it should work all the time.

Sling not reading external Drive on Hopper

I gave up a 722K to go to the Hopper and that was a great choice except I can not see my external drive on Sling like I could on the 722K

An answer from Dish chat about the Hopper / Sling not seeing the external Drive : The Dish online will only show whats on the Internal Hard Drive.
R: That is not what it was like on the 722K and many people are complaining online about this problem
R: on the 722K i could see on my android phone the DVR the live and the external
Bradford (ID: LXE): Okay.
Bradford (ID: LXE): I am explaining how dish online works.
R: ok the dish sling app that I use on android is what I am talking about we use that on our phones and pad
Bradford (ID: LXE): It is still dish online. You can transfer those to the receiver and they will show online.
R: why is this not working like the 722K ! Is this going to be fixed ????
Bradford (ID: LXE): Ron, this is how it works. You will need to transfer them to the receiver for them to show online.
R: I don't want to tranfer 2 gig of movies to the DVR from the external
Bradford (ID: LXE): Okay.
Bradford (ID: LXE): Is there anything else I may assist you with?

Yes, I can see my EHD (now empty) and the Sling works, but I have not tried to see if I can see my EHD WHILE I use the Sling. That's my assignment for tomorrow. I guess I'm half way there.

I have a slingbox and am getting the hopper installed tomorrow, when I do the set up is there a certain dish receiver I pick.

The hopper software is based on the 922, and on the 922 the ehd was never viewable through sling. If i were to guess, this is just the way it will operate. Nothing to fix unfortunatlly.

hdaddikt said:
Update, no problem viewing Sling TV on my Android and looking at my EHD from the menu simultaneously.

That's not what they want. You are unable to view the EHD contents on the device you are slinging to.

The only thing I was slinging to was a tablet. Thanks for the clarification, I thought the issue was related to a conflict when using more than one USB device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)