"Dish Pass" on Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

friscodish

Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Dallas
I just finished a Hopper install coming from a VIP622. On the VIP622, I could go to "Dish Pass" and define timers for shows which weren't necessarily being shown during the guide time period. I'm not exactly sure how to do that on Hopper. I tried pressing the "Search" button while in the "timers" screen which pulled up a text field I could populate and then press the "More" button to search. Is this the same thing?

Last question: In the VIP622, I could do a search for programs which had an "&" in them. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on Hopper. Any hints? If I can't do it, I won't be able to set a recurring timer for a program I really want to have. Thanks for the assistance!

friscodish said:
I just finished a Hopper install coming from a VIP622. On the VIP622, I could go to "Dish Pass" and define timers for shows which weren't necessarily being shown during the guide time period. I'm not exactly sure how to do that on Hopper. I tried pressing the "Search" button while in the "timers" screen which pulled up a text field I could populate and then press the "More" button to search. Is this the same thing?

Last question: In the VIP622, I could do a search for programs which had an "&" in them. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on Hopper. Any hints? If I can't do it, I won't be able to set a recurring timer for a program I really want to have. Thanks for the assistance!

When you run a search. Select seek and record. This is similar to Dish Pass

friscodish said:
Thanks dustinw! Now....do you know how to use an "&" in the search?

I couldn't find the symbol. I typed out "and" and hoped that it's close enough. I think you'll be safe as long as you don't select exact title match.

dustinw82 said:
I couldn't find the symbol. I typed out "and" and hoped that it's close enough. I think you'll be safe as long as you don't select exact title match.

I did some testing with Mike & Molly and typing out "and" did not work. Neither did typing out Mike Molly. I only got it it to work by typing out Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts