"Dish Pass" on Hopper

friscodish

Original poster
Mar 21, 2012
Dallas
I just finished a Hopper install coming from a VIP622. On the VIP622, I could go to "Dish Pass" and define timers for shows which weren't necessarily being shown during the guide time period. I'm not exactly sure how to do that on Hopper. I tried pressing the "Search" button while in the "timers" screen which pulled up a text field I could populate and then press the "More" button to search. Is this the same thing?

Last question: In the VIP622, I could do a search for programs which had an "&" in them. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on Hopper. Any hints? If I can't do it, I won't be able to set a recurring timer for a program I really want to have. Thanks for the assistance!

friscodish said:
I just finished a Hopper install coming from a VIP622. On the VIP622, I could go to "Dish Pass" and define timers for shows which weren't necessarily being shown during the guide time period. I'm not exactly sure how to do that on Hopper. I tried pressing the "Search" button while in the "timers" screen which pulled up a text field I could populate and then press the "More" button to search. Is this the same thing?

Last question: In the VIP622, I could do a search for programs which had an "&" in them. I can't seem to figure out how to do that on Hopper. Any hints? If I can't do it, I won't be able to set a recurring timer for a program I really want to have. Thanks for the assistance!

When you run a search. Select seek and record. This is similar to Dish Pass

friscodish said:
Thanks dustinw! Now....do you know how to use an "&" in the search?

I couldn't find the symbol. I typed out "and" and hoped that it's close enough. I think you'll be safe as long as you don't select exact title match.

dustinw82 said:
I couldn't find the symbol. I typed out "and" and hoped that it's close enough. I think you'll be safe as long as you don't select exact title match.

I did some testing with Mike & Molly and typing out "and" did not work. Neither did typing out Mike Molly. I only got it it to work by typing out Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)