Hopper Software Update Coming along with Pandora!

Still on 207, but have the Facebook and Pandora apps. Pandora works, can't get FB linked though. I got the code from the Hopper, input into Facebook, then go back to the Hopper per instruction and click "continue" and all it does is refresh the code and tell me "Error:Sorry, you have not authenticated this device (authorization_pending)". I've done it several times, even waiting several minutes after authenticating in my FB account before coming back to the Hopper, and still no go. Has anyone had success?

Was having this problem until I allowed all the permissions it requested.

That did the trick. Thanks! I guess it makes sense that if you don't give it any permission to at least access your timeline, there's nothing to display.

Brodieb said:
See Scott's release notes (post #71) on page 8 of this thread. There is a PDF will all the info you want.

Thanks for mentioning that. The PDF attachment was not showing up in the Satguys iOS app. Web browser for the win! I received the update sometime in the past 24 hours. Everything seems as advertised. No problems in viewing thus far.

That explains why receivers are released with so few bugs/issues then.... ;)

all in all, they actually are pretty good, think about what these things are actually doing.
it seems crazy, but you would not believe how hard it is to recreate many of the issues that we read about here. i sometimes think modern receivers are too complicated and that causes so much weirdness. i can show you stuff that makes no sense; like having two of the same receiver, with the same software, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. One will have a blank recording, while the other one worked just fine on the same program. how the heck are you supposed to track that one down? it's almost like, HOW you do something, down to the exact sequence of button presses, can make a difference in the final result.

i don't envy the software engineers one bit!

Back in the ViP622 days, many of us encountered a "bug" while others couldn't replicate it. What was suggested was the hardware revisions of the box were different, i.e. Rev A, B, C, and so on, and slight software differences in chipsets could be to blame. The Broadcom chipsets did evolve over time and since they did 98% of the "work", were they to blame ?

As you say, how do you track down things like that ?

How to find out how much space you have used on the hopper drive? The only thing I can find is on the first DVD screen it says "Your Hard Drive is #% Full with ## Recordings".

How to find out how much space you have used on the hopper drive? The only thing I can find is on the first DVD screen it says "Your Hard Drive is #% Full with ## Recordings".
You can go to the recordings transfer screen and it will tell you how many GB are free, just subtract from total available and you will know what you have used.

blackjackmark said:
Still on 207, but have the Facebook and Pandora apps. Pandora works, can't get FB linked though. I got the code from the Hopper, input into Facebook, then go back to the Hopper per instruction and click "continue" and all it does is refresh the code and tell me "Error:Sorry, you have not authenticated this device (authorization_pending)". I've done it several times, even waiting several minutes after authenticating in my FB account before coming back to the Hopper, and still no go. Has anyone had success?

Make sure you are doing it on a computer or at least a non mobile version of Facebook.com. I had the same issue. But switched to non mobile had a few more things to press then yay it worked.

blackjackmark said:
That did the trick. Thanks! I guess it makes sense that if you don't give it any permission to at least access your timeline, there's nothing to display.

And now I see this nevermind

Brodieb said:
This release sounds awesome, I cannot wait to get this update. Is there a way to force it, or is it a you get it when you get it situation?

Yep, you have to wait for your number to come up.

I won't be getting it tonight, they put new gutters on the house today and screwed up my dish while doing it. A tech can't be here until tomorrow to reset it.

Sorry if this has been discussed before...

Has Dish fixed the EHD issues with any software updates yet? Such as EHDs not being recognized, and especially the problem where recordings that were on channels that you are not currently subscribed to are not available?

EHD always worked for me, I got the update and I still can see my EHD.

I have a WD 2TB Drive.

I have to select a program, press play. My hopper will say that it can't play the program. I got back into the DVR menu, select the program again and it starts playing.

My Caller ID dosen't work at all tho. It's enabled on the Hooper and all Joey's (3) Shows green on the Hopper.