Hopper speed question

I still hasn't been activated. I really thought it would be by now. I got everything hooked up and running, just needs to be activated. Installation was as easy as it looked to be. Got the Hopper going and taking it's downloads. It took a good half hour. That was Friday night.

This morning I decided to get the Joey connected. Just had to get it hooked up and it went through the same process of the Hopper. Sync the remote, label what room it is and then take a download. This download took about 10-15 minutes. Should be faster since the initial download was done on the Hopper and it's pulling it from that.

Nope. If you ever played with a 922 its just like that.[/QUOTE

For me it's nothing very new. It looks and runs just like the 922. Being what we have is a showroom account I only have the Hopper and 1 Joey. Right now they opperate just like a dual tuner except it's HD. Once I get it activated I can mess around with the PTAT and I'll also get the internet hooked up. I'll be able to talk a lot more about it once I actually get it in my house and put it to real use.

If they have already slowed the guide down, it still scrolls pretty quick. When you switch channels, ours takes maybe about a second for the video to display, but the audio starts up almost instantly. Also, multi-channel recall works very slick... last 4 channels display at bottom of screen when you hit recall so you can flip between those channels very easily.

could you test and see if the 32.0 remote will link up and transfer all timers saved on the remote from the 922 to the hopper

thanks Scott - so on the 922 and (H/J) how do you "protect" or tag a recording not to delete? I'm sure with 2TB (errr1TB) it shouldn't happen much....
On my 922 it is-
  1. DVR button
  2. Down arrow
  3. Select button
  4. Up button
  5. Up button
  6. Select button(enters edit action)
  7. Up button
  8. Select button
  9. Select button
  10. Down button
  11. Select button
and it's done!! Whew, only.... 11 KEY PRESSES!!! :D:D:D and that is for the first item in the list, more if you have to arrow over and down.you could also protect all at once but you only save 1 key press as compared to my example.

I'm beginning to doubt that I'm gonna like this "tile" system.

Having had the 922 and it's tile system for 10 months I had to say that I preferred the 722k menus better. I did like the channel logos ,video art on the recordings and the bigger hard drive ,but the rest of the 922 I had no problem letting go. I only hope that the new hopper will be a better receiver than the 922 was, and it gets better support from DISH, than the 922 ever did.

jsipes1 said:
If they have already slowed the guide down, it still scrolls pretty quick. When you switch channels, ours takes maybe about a second for the video to display, but the audio starts up almost instantly. Also, multi-channel recall works very slick... last 4 channels display at bottom of screen when you hit recall so you can flip between those channels very easily.

Last 4 channels the next few weeks for me will be Cbs...Tbs...Tnt...TruTv

The Hopper just in time for March Madness!!!

Yeah, the tile interface may not sit well with me. I compare that to the thumbnail view in Windows vs. the Detail view...I always prefer to work with sortable lists than thumbnail images.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts