Hopper - strange search issue

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Sometimes when I try a search, the 'I' key on the screen is blue and you can't put the letter 'I' in a search though you can put all the other letters in. But it is only sometimes and you can either reboot or get out of search and go back in and it all works as it is supposed to.
Weirdest thing I've ever seen and I can't figure out what is causing it. Anyone seeing this other than me?

I originally though it was a remote issue, but it does the same with the Hopper remote and the Harmony One. Just weird!

It's happened to me too, but not always the same letter. I think it started happening when they fixed the search history by letter issue....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happens to me almost every time I use the search function, and I use it fairly often. Random letters highlight and lock up keeping you from using them in the search. If that particular letter isn't used in the title you're searching for it's just mildly annoying. If the locked letter IS in the title then you have to totally exit out of the search function and start over. That's really annoying!

I've had this happen several times as well. I've found a work around, though. Enter the stuck letter by using the remote buttons rather than the screen. For example, if the E letter is stuck, push the 3 button on the remote twice to enter E. Then you can go back to the screen selection technique if you want.

Bill

Reactions: lparsons21
I've had this happen several times as well. I've found a work around, though. Enter the stuck letter by using the remote buttons rather than the screen. For example, if the E letter is stuck, push the 3 button on the remote twice to enter E. Then you can go back to the screen selection technique if you want.

Bill

Independently, I found this method works well today. I can confirm Bill's report. Gary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts