Hopper Timers Backup for H3

jrapps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
I currently have 2 HWS and am upgrading soon to the H3. Trying to figure out if there is any way to combine all my recording timers.

If I backup the timers from HWS1 to Remote 1, and from HWS2 to Remote 2, can I then restore from both of those remotes to the H3? Or would it be better to restore the timers from my HWS2 to my HWS1 to have them all on the same hopper now. Will restoring timers just "add" to the list, or would it overwrite the timers already in my first hopper?

Thanks!

Nope. You will need to backup from the Hopper that has the most timers and restore it to the H3... then manually input the timers from the other Hopper.

Reactions: Tron2012
I almost wish this would be a topic that pops up automatically with the answer when you get to The Hopper Zone! Seems this is a common question posted and answered a number of times lately. I know not many customers have multiple Hoppers, but they should have thought about a way to also append timers from a remote backup as well as the traditional overwrite all.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks...sorry I read some about this on other threads but most of them were pre-release so I was hoping once some people actually got them in hand the answer might be a little different.

What about transferring recordings from multiple hoppers to the H3? Any issues?

Reactions: Tron2012
The message DIRT sent about the installation says the timers will be lost. I get not being able to combine but has anyone restored from at least one remote yet?

The message DIRT sent about the installation says the timers will be lost. I get not being able to combine but has anyone restored from at least one remote yet?
If you have a 40 remote the timers will be transferrable but only from one Hopper. It worked fine for me....

Reactions: loubon
Does the HWS's remote need to be paired to the H3 to make the transfer? Does this need to be done before the H3's remote is paired (or is that process even required for the H3?)?

Yes the remote needs to be paired as that is the only way the remote can talk to the receiver.

Think of like Bluetooth in your phone. :)

Thanks I was able to pair it right away when the hopper 3 booted up and the installer was just staring at the screen. I was able to restore the timers from the settings In the diagnostic menu after it was installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk