Hopper Timers - Max "keep" recordings limit not working

anex80

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Midwest
I just switched to the Hopper from TiVo and there is a bit of a learning curve to say the least. One issue I'm having is that when I set a recordings limit to say 5 it appears to have no effect. For instance, I set up a show to record new and reruns, keep only 5, but the DVR shows that there are 8 recorded. Shouldn't the timer stop recording episodes when the limit of 5 is reached or at least remove older episodes keeping only 5 on the DVR? I'm not sure if there is something wrong or I just don't understand the differences in this setting vs TiVo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Typically, when you set a limit of five, for instance, the Hopper will record the first five episodes, then as each one after that records, the oldest will be removed. Basically, you always have the five most recent recordings available. Generally, the only way older ones are kept beyond the set limit is if you set them to "protected". How long have you had your Hopper? Most of the time, it takes 2-3 days after installed for them to settle in, and they can do strange things those first 2-3 days.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's only been a couple of days so far so that may be the issue. I'm also having a problem with the College Sports Mix channel not displaying properly. Do you think that will also resolve itself in a few days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It usually does not take longer than 3 days for everything to function correctly.

Regarding the recording limit...I have also noticed the same behavior that you described. I thought that maybe the receiver would only enforce the recording limits if it was running out of room on the hard drive? (but that is just me speculating, I really don't know for sure). In any case, I have a few series that have recorded a number of additional episodes beyond 20 (default set by the receiver).

I thought it was me. I had mine set for daily news programs of one each and I wondered why there was a ton of them in there. It wasn't deleting as set to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts