Hopper to Hopper transfer

I gave up. Unable to save what was on my old hard drive. My old Hopper would shut off during the transfer and cancel the transfer. Oh well, I sent the Hopper back. Thanks guys. see ya.

Do not try and do all of them at once. Do them in blocks. I would say no more than 40 at a time.

How do you do it in blocks? It says any unselected items will be deleted when the transfer starts, which to me means that the unselected files will be lost immediately when the transfer starts.

I have not done it by Ethernet, I will be honest that what I posted was mostly with knowledge of EHD transfers. I do not see why Unselected content would be deleted.

HwS to H3 was a so so process. The H3 to H3 was far better. For the H2 to H3 I grabbed 20 that I could afford to lose at the most that would be of various times. It took quite a while to transfer. But as the rest get put in the trash, I had the second box connected on a separate input and just moved them back to the recordings area and selected more. The H3 to H3 I did a complete box to box and it went as good as one expect these days. The only problem was keeping track. I felt as if you tried to check too many times, it would lock up the process.

I found in experimentation the only recording that get "erased" are those that are transferred. Those you don't pick off the top get put in the trash, but not deleted. You can restore them then select them for another transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)