Hopper Transfer to EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
Has there ever been a solution to the problem when you go to transfer shows from your hopper to the external drive and not all of your shows show up in the transfer section. I'm upgrading to a hopper with sling, and only a fraction of the shows on my DVR are showing up in the transfer section. Anything I can do to make them show up so I can transfer them?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not yet. Rumor on the street is that the next s/w update MIGHT fix it. By the end of the month.

The incomplete list varies in size from try to try.
Solution 0, do transfer right after a reset.
Solution 1, transfer a program in the opposite direction.
Solution 2, try again later, especially late night or early morning.
Solution 3, try alphabetic and by date.
Solution 4, put as many as you can in the trash or on an EHD. Remember to restore trash that day.
My problem is that some come to a incomplete stop in the last few seconds of the transfer.
Sometimes these will work later so it is still a software problem.
Note that the EHD identified as failing may just be the most recent access.
-Ken

Last edited:
If you want to transfer everything, just grab what you can see and transfer it.
Come back and the original batch will be gone exposing the next batch.
Delete anything you don't plan to transfer.
taking a bite at a time you can transfer everything except those that are still in PTAT and those that stop with 2 seconds remaining.
i would certainly welcome the fix, I have been complaining for almost 2 years. I have gotten past the original foolishness when I moved everything from my 722k on to my Hopper instead of leaving it on the EHD. Had to deal with it when I exchanged both H2Ks for HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts