Hopper tuners ??? how many???

DefDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
N.W. Florida
DSC00408.JPGThis is something strange. I am looking at my current recordings right 11:06 pm now and they show as recording 4 shows and I am watching another channel not being recorded. The shows are Jimmy Kimmel...ABC, Dave Letterman...CBS, Pete Holmes.. TBS and the Tonight show.. NBC. I don't have prime time enabled or a OTA tuner...I did not think even if I had prime time enabled it would record anything other than between 6-10 central time... Is this a new update with the software that will do this in the same way as PT only now at the late show time??? I took a pic and it shows all being recorded plus cspan in the upper left corner for a total of 5.. how is this possible without OTA or a super Joey?

DSC00407.JPG

Any time of day outside of the PTAT window, if you set recordings on the Big 4 networks, they will all use only 1 tuner. So since you had the Tonight Show, Letterman, and Jimmy Kimmel all recording simultaneously, you still had 2 other tuners available to record/watch other channels. It's been this way for a while.

Any time of day outside of the PTAT window, if you set recordings on the Big 4 networks, they will all use only 1 tuner. So since you had the Tonight Show, Letterman, and Jimmy Kimmel all recording simultaneously, you still had 2 other tuners available to record/watch other channels. It's been this way for a while.
And I thought I was going to have to get the SJ,, now I don't need it, plus they wouldn't give it to me any way since I have 2 HWS's, thanks

And I thought I was going to have to get the SJ,, now I don't need it, plus they wouldn't give it to me any way since I have 2 HWS's, thanks

Yep, this is a big plus. Yesterday I was testing Hoppers and was recording seven channels (four Big 4, two Satellite, & one OTA) at the same time during the day (non PTAT hours). Sometimes can be a big help when the need requires it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)