My Recordings "MESS"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EarleH

Original poster
May 9, 2010
Sabine County Texas
All of a sudden my recordings are a mess Programs that have been recorded show up, repeating, repeating repeating. Can't find something just recorded. Have pulled the plug, no help. What has happened?

What receiver do you have? And can you be more specific what you are seeing?

Go to the daily schedule and select one of these random events and edit the timer to identify which timer is causing all the unwanted recordings and delete it.

I did this and found the offending timer and deleted it. Random recordings stopped. I recreated the timer, of the seek & record type, and the random recordings resumed. This is going to suck, as it's my F1 timer. F1 is one of the few things that keep me subscribing.

It really sounds like you have it set to "new and repeats" rather than just "new." But it could be that the EPG data is wrong, listing all as new. If so, that's Tribune's fault, not Dish's.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What receiver do you have? And can you be more specific what you are seeing?
Hopper. When I hit DVR, I get a mumble jumble mess. Recordings are repeated over and over. It use to be if I hit, say the Waltons, It would display a list of all the episodes I had recorded, showing those those that had been watched with a green line. Now I'll find the Waltons repeated all over the place, time after time and this goes for all our recordings. Our disk is 65% full, so you can imagine this multiplied over all our recordings . And what even worst is when our daughter calls, the calls last 40 to 60 minutes, I hit record, rather than pause, and after the phone call I can't find what I have just recorded!

Are you set to display by DVR Date? And also folder view.
That helps some, but I am still getting a lot of recordings I did not request, many from TNT, almost like TNT had PTAT turned on and displayed on the main recordings screen.

Yes, I nknow there is NO PTAT on TNT.

What I picked up on is you said this is a Seek & Record Timer. Ever since S338 I have been experiencing issues when using the Seek & Record option. I had it happen once when I created a Timer for the keyword 'Underworld' specifically for Syfy intended to catch all airings for the Underworld movies, and I just had it happen again this weekend for a Seek & Record Timer for 'Anaconda' -- What happens is within a short time, it begins to link every single program or movie airing on the channel to the Timer Event. No longer is it convenient to just get the four Anaconda movies which aired on Saturday. Now it has timers set for everything airing on Syfy for the day up until a future date in the week. There won't be individual Timers for most of it unless I already had separate ones beforehand, such as Face Off. It is easy to confirm this has happened by viewing the Guide and seeing active or conflicted events for all of the programming on the channel including the infomercials. If I find one of these scheduled shows, locate it in the Daily Schedule and select Edit Timer, it is linked to my Seek & Record Timer for Anaconda even though no criteria is met for it to be included.

You are doing it to yourself, if you use "seek and record" when the series is in the guide. Set your timers from the guide and ONLY use "seek and record" for a series outside the guide schedule. Once a series comes into the guide replace the "seek and record" timer with one from the guide on one specific channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)