Hopper Update Coming This Week

Not really sure how many times one needs to view the app , 2 maybe 3 if you didn't pay attention to what you read.

Really wasn't that much info on there.
I looked at the app, 2 times, One time from each hopper.

Not really sure how many times one needs to view the app , 2 maybe 3 if you didn't pay attention to what you read.

Really wasn't that much info on there.
I looked at the app, 2 times, One time from each hopper.
I was referring to Bluegrass because I figured he would have viewed it like 50 times. I looked at it twice and showed my wife once though. I'd bet it was not removed due to any bug though, probably something shown on the app was changed on the actual software.

Reactions: Troch77
I bet this update includes the "New Hopper Experience App" that shows off the new UI.
Apps generally don't come with software updates. They can push them across at any time (the software version doesn't change either). Now, it's possible that this "bug" that caused that app to be removed exposed a problem with the Hopper software that they fixed and now that app will run okay.

...probably something shown on the app was changed on the actual software.
Unless that app is very old and based on the fact that the UI is being tested by people "outside" of Dish (employees, on their home equipment vs internal testing), it's probably too late to make visual changes. Then again, who cares if they change something visual.

I think Scott will not give us advance warning on the Carbon UI simply because he doesn't want to give bluegras a heart attack from his overzealous anticipation....
Just imagine if bluegras' receiver is among the last to get the update pushed to !! :eeek

Scheduled to start tonight the Hopper Platform will be getting software upgrades.

No Bluegras this update is NOT the new Carbon UI software. There still is not release date for that.

Starting at 11PM Mountain Time tonight and continuing through the next few weeks the following updates will be going out.

Hopper - S611
Hopper w/Sling - S526
Super Joey - S580
Joey - S395/S487
Wireless Joey - S487

There is no word on what if anything is new in this software.

There is no way to force your receiver to download the new software. Your receiver will get it when it gets in. :)
I want to know how come my hopper with sling new software that it downloaded says s620 for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)