Hopper Update FAIL

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Received an email about updating my Hopper before the mandatory push at the end of the month. Got the app hit the update and just got home 4 hours later and the unit is BRICKED. All I get is Hopper Starting up screen...I've powered down a few time all to no avail. Anyone else having issues?

My Hopper w/Sling updated without bricking but the rest of the house was still a mess.

After forcing the update on the other DVR 2 days later, some things got better, the joey had to be manually updated too.

So far all three "work" but in most cases there's noticeable lag, and some other complaints for changes .. but none of them bricked.

I just solved the bricking problem...I unplugged the external drive and it started right up. How to I update the Joey? I assume on the Joey?

Who gets the update emails? I have never received one.
They are rolling out the upgrade to batches of receivers in waves so they don't get slammed all at once with support calls. Your receiver will be targeted eventually with its own drop dead date. Once your receiver receives the app you can decide to upgrade on your own terms or wait for that drop dead date to roll around.

I took the update on 2 hoppers with sling everything works but I lost all hd channels once I did a check switch. The signal on sat 129 is there but once I choose any hd channels I get a message hd signal lost tuning to sd .Did anyone else is experiencing this problem

When both of my H2s got the CUI , it turned all the SD channels I had locked out back on, so I had to go back through the locked and hidden events and reset everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts