Hopper Update Stuck

Driftwood

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Atlanta
I assume my 1st generation Hopper and 2 Joey system (ordered soon after release because my old box had issues) tried to update last night. The system seems to be stuck (switches between blue screen - searching for signal & Hopper Starting up). I 1st noticed around 6 a.m. (Eastern) today. I left the system alone, maybe it would update & reset. Wrong! I left for work and checked again around noon, same. I unplugged the Hopper and went back to work and plugged in again around 5 today, same. I also tried the red reset button, same. Any ideas, suggestions before I call Dish. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On a side note, I've been a Dish subscriber for 12+ years and am really disappointed in Dish releasing a product this full of bugs and not being able to resolve!

I assume my 1st generation Hopper and 2 Joey system (ordered soon after release because my old box had issues) tried to update last night. The system seems to be stuck (switches between blue screen - searching for signal & Hopper Starting up). I 1st noticed around 6 a.m. (Eastern) today. I left the system alone, maybe it would update & reset. Wrong! I left for work and checked again around noon, same. I unplugged the Hopper and went back to work and plugged in again around 5 today, same. I also tried the red reset button, same. Any ideas, suggestions before I call Dish. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On a side note, I've been a Dish subscriber for 12+ years and am really disappointed in Dish releasing a product this full of bugs and not being able to resolve!

It sounds like your LNB or node went bad if the Hopper keeps searching for a signal.You should call DISH....sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)