hopper upgrade

radar7079

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
I'm interested in upgrading to Hopper w/sling, Super Joey, and possibly one or two Joeys. My current set up is two 722Ks and two 222Ks. I no longer have the need for as many tuner options as my current set-up allows, but I still have multiple tvs that I would need to mirror signals to. My current set up allows for easily mirrowing signals from receivers to multiple tvs from the coax and rca outputs. Would this still be possible with the Hopper, Super Joey and Joeys? If not, I might want to keep one or both 222Ks instead of getting Joeys. Thanks for any input.

I'm interested in upgrading to Hopper w/sling, Super Joey, and possibly one or two Joeys. My current set up is two 722Ks and two 222Ks. I no longer have the need for as many tuner options as my current set-up allows, but I still have multiple tvs that I would need to mirror signals to. My current set up allows for easily mirrowing signals from receivers to multiple tvs from the coax and rca outputs. Would this still be possible with the Hopper, Super Joey and Joeys? If not, I might want to keep one or both 222Ks instead of getting Joeys. Thanks for any input.

If you want to mirror to a lot of TVs then the current setup you have is the best option. The Hopper system is great but is not meant for mirroring. It can be done but it's a pain had has some added cost. If you have two cables running to a Hopper or Super Joey then you can do it much easier though. One cable would be the satellite feed and the other would be the mirror feed.

Though the Hoppers and Joeys do not have coax outputs, you could use inexpensive RF modulators that would attach to the RCA outputs on both. RE keeping 211s, they would have to owned, not leased. Dish is limiting use of non-Hopper equipment, mostly for RV usage.

Though the Hoppers and Joeys do not have coax outputs, you could use inexpensive RF modulators that would attach to the RCA outputs on both. RE keeping 211s, they would have to owned, not leased. Dish is limiting use of non-Hopper equipment, mostly for RV usage.

That is very true but what most people fail to mention is the fact that a separate coax cable needs to be run to the mirrored TV and very few people have more than one cable run. If all it took was a cheap RF Modulator then I would say it's pretty simple but it's not that easy.

222k or 211k?

To clarify, you will not be able to keep 222ks on a Hopper account. Up to two 211/211k units are allowed, but no other VIP or SD equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts