Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just got the Hopper (1st gen) a few months ago. I know some people who just upgraded, and got the Hopper with Sling for free. I want the HWS free as well. I called Dish. They want $200. I tried online chat. They also want $200. I thought I'd plead my case here.

I was a Dish customer for 10 years, and was lulled to cable for a few months because Dish couldn't get a signal where I live in the woods. After realizing that cable was horrible, I called Dish and they sent a competent technician who got a strong signal and set me up with the Hopper.

I have little kids and would love Dish Anywhere for them while on the road. Anyone here have any luck getting the HWS for free? It shouldn't cost Dish a thing, they could just give my 1st gen Hopper to someone who doesn't want Sling.

they can just provide you with a sling adapter no need to switch the box out - as for a competent tech, you likely got one that pushed the system in without full 5 degree clearance as required but as long as you will take care of future tree growth then that won't be a big deal.

If you return a receiver it has to be processed, cleaned and refurbished which isn't cheap and does cost Dish. They will likely have to charge you for the adapter too as they are not cheap either - you can get them on amazon for around $60 just fyi.

OK, so I have a 5 month old Hopper in the living room and a Joey in the bedroom that was installed at the same time. I'd like to add a HWS if possible to use in place of the Joey, which I would save for football season (we run two tv's). I figure once I clear my 4 weeks of crappola off the living room Hopper, Ill swap it to the bedroom with the new Hopper since its faster. Make it the hub in the living room.

Can someone give me a shout to see what my cost is?

Thanks.

I would love to be contacted by a DIRT member regarding my options for upgrading my standard Hopper to a new sling loaded Hopper. Thank you.

Requesting a DIRT member contact me about upgrade to Hopper with Sling from 722k. Thanks.

UPDATE - I have been contacted, thank you!

Last edited:
I am interested in upgrading my VIP722k and VIP211K to either a:

1. HWS w/ 1 Joey and an additional hopper w/ 1 Joey, or
2. 2 HWS w/ 2 Joeys, or
3. 1 HWS and 3 Joeys.

Could a DIRT member please contact me so we can discuss the different options?

Thanks,

Kevin

I would love to be contacted by a DIRT member regarding my options for upgrading my standard Hopper to a new sling loaded Hopper. Thank you.

DITTO! - My almost year old Hopper (w/slingbox) has had slow channel changes since one of the early software updates crippled it. Tried all the standard suggestions without success. An upgrade to a new HwS would likely resolve this issue. Thank you.

"Helped/Contacted." thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, Mary B. Thought we could start a new PM thread. :D Not sure I'm ready, but I'd like to get quotes for both 1 hopper w/2 joeys, and for 2 hoppers /1 joey, plus monthly cost with 200 programming. I won't be looking for an answer tonight, so please take your time. :)

Thanks!

Charise

I would like a DIRT member to contact me about upgrading my 1 Hopper 2 Joey system to a 2 Hopper 2 Joey system. Thanks in advance!
- rickyisbell

I would love to be contacted by a DIRT member regarding my options for upgrading one of my my standard Hoppers to a new sling loaded Hopper. Thank you.

Could a DIRT member contact me concerning upgrade options.

I am interested in an upgrade from 1 622 & 1 612 to one of the following, depending on cost and availabilty:

2 HWS & 1Joey
2 HWS & 2 Joey's
1 Hopper and 1 HWS with 1 Joey
1 Hopper and 1 HWS with 2 Joey's

I have the protection plan if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
David

I would like to be contacted by a DIRT member concerning upgrade options. I currently have 2 VIP722 and 1 VIP722K. Each with an HD and regular TV. We want to replace one old TV with HD and add an additional HD. Are interested in HWS and also wanting ota option. Thank you.

Kevin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts