Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi Mary - yes I got it back up and running again... bottle of wine tonight ... keeping finger X'd, maybe we will sit down fire up the turntable and watch some vids on my computer! I'm feeling good about it, I'll report back later. Cheers, Bob
I'm good - worked last night like a charm. I realized what was messing me up a little was my PC went to sleep mode and the hopper wont see the network or server on my pc if it's in sleep mode and sometimes I need to re-set the connection once my PC goes to sleep then back on again.. only sometimes the network hangs but not always. I can live with that not problem. Thanks for all your help, YAY it works! Cheers, Bob

Is your pc a desktop or a laptop? If it's a desktop, it's best to disable sleep/hibernate mode. They don't have the circuitry that laptops do. Just set the monitor toturn off after no use.

Is your pc a desktop or a laptop? If it's a desktop, it's best to disable sleep/hibernate mode. They don't have the circuitry that laptops do. Just set the monitor toturn off after no use.

The PC I'm using for the server is a desktop, I'm good with the sleep mode, pretty much posted that to help anyone else that may find this quirk.

Cheers,
Bob

There is a local computer radio show up here in the Rochester NY area called Soundbytes. Has been on the air for over 20 years. They recommend only using sleep mode on laptops.

I am interested in adding a 2nd Joey; please contact me for an upgrade.

Thanks

Be proactive, rather than wait for a DIRT member to contact you, go to the top of the forum and see who is online. PM them with your request and account info. You'll get everything accomplished a lot quicker.

I currently have 2 VIP211's w/ EHD. Wondering how much is will cost to upgrade to Hopper for 4 or 5 TV's and dump cable.

'Currently have a 722 & a 612, 722 feeding living room HD TV and back room SD TV, 612 feeding bedroom HD TV & patio SD TV; Top 250 Package w/Blockbuster [which may soon go with the current setup].
I would like to have the Hopper installed, but I'm not quite up to speed :) regarding how many 'joeys' I'll need. The TV on the patio can be showing the same thing as the main TV, it really doesn't matter, but the 3 other TV's would need to be able to be controlled and operate independently.
Thanks, and thanks for the tech info on setting up the patio TV to operate off of TV1 (main) using UHF.

I have been a customer of Dish since Feb., 2009. I have two HDTV's andtwo ViP722's and one just died. Could a DIRT member contact me and explain my options.

Could I have a DIRT member PM me please.

I am interested in getting a breakdown in equipment costs and monthly fees for upgrading to 2 Hoppers + 3 Joeys.
I currently have 1- 722ViP and 1- 622 ViP.

Thank you.

I'm interested in a Hopper upgrade as well. Making a post so I can send a PM.

Hey Ansen. I just wanted to see if you have been assisted yet. If not, feel free to PM me!

Can DIRT folks set up home work orders too for problems or do we still have to call them in to CSR?

Do you mean like setting up a regular technician visit? If so, yes we can assist you with that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts