Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ohioankev said:
DIRT PM ME please when you get time :)

I need DIRT I just noticed something else on my account, I have two Advanced Exchanges on my account for a VIP 722, I only have one VIP 722 on my account period. The other receiver was an owned 625 that I was told to keep (use as a paperweight or a doorstop)

I have had nothing but problems with this and i'm starting to get frustrated but I have been polite everytime. I do understand its launch day, and I do understand this is Dish Network (these things usually happen)

If someone can contact me I can give you the RMA # that I have that the DIRT team member Alicia gave to me when DISH Online Chat CSRs screwed up. I'm assuming the other RMA # is from the DISH Online Chat CSR.

Also since no one has clearly stated this for me yet, do I actually have to send in my receiver before my Hoppers/Joeys are set up meaning that I will be without Dish service for a couple of weeks or do I send the receiver back when my new ones are activated by the installer.

It's my understanding that you don't send the old receivers in until the new ones are activated.

Thanks to the DIRT team, & Matt in particular, for setting up my Hopper upgrade. I asked for Wednesday & got this Saturday! In addition, we had a good baseball talk while we were on the phone.

Matt, I'll root for the Rockies this year as long as they don't play the Twins.

DIRT team & SGUS are the best.

Could I get a PM please? Called about an upgrade and not thrilled with the offer. Thanks.

Replied to.

Last edited:
isaacmorseMI said:
Correct. The tech just takes the old ones with them when the Hopper is installed.

Oh. They told me that there would be sending me the boxes and I would send them back once the technician uninstalled them.

need a pm please having major problems trying to upgrade to hopper
thanks

I called a local installer today who was wiling to arrange an installation. The problem was he has to charge $95 for the installation, this is above the $99 Dish charges for the upgrade. He told me the only way to waive the installation fee is to call Dish and see if you qualify for a free or discounted install. The guy was so honest I was almost ready to pay him the $95 for that. But, hey, I came to my senses, and thanked him profusely for his sincerity and would push business his way whenever the opportunity presented itself.
He said, no problem.
I called Dish and the free install will still cost me $24, which is 4 months of service warranty, which I can cancel after 4 months with no penalty. $24 still beats $95.
My install is set for Monday morning. The CSR was very cordial and thorough in completing the transaction. I'm going to be hopping here very soon.

Since when do installers take the old leased receivers. Customers are always required to return their equipment to Dish. We do not take any responsiblity for customer's leased receivers.

Scherrman said:
Since when do installers take the old leased receivers. Customers are always required to return their equipment to Dish. We do not take any responsiblity for customer's leased receivers.

My thoughts exactly.

Character Zero said:
I was told that the installer would take my old 722 and 211 also. I specifically asked this.

Yeah me too. They told me that the technician would not take mine. Gotta love the consistency.

Laddyboy said:
I had mine taken last upgrade, but that was through Dish. Maybe if Dish itself does the install, they take the receivers; otherwise, they send the return boxes. That makes some sense.

I went back and read my online chat and I'm even more confused. It sounds like maybe they're sending me the boxes but the technician will still take everything. I don't know. I guess I'll find out next Saturday.

I went back and read my online chat and I'm even more confused. It sounds like maybe they're sending me the boxes but the technician will still take everything. I don't know. I guess I'll find out next Saturday.

When customers do an upgrade that includes a Technician install, the technician is responsible for returning the receivers and DISH will not send boxes.

I am trying to upgrade to a hopper only, but was told that a hopper would not work without a joey. Could I get a PM from someone on the dirt team to help me.

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts