Hopper Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless you have some unusual requirements, it's much easier to just pick up the phone and ask your local installer. I spent all of 5 minutes on the phone and my new H/J system was up and running the very next day.

Unless you have some unusual requirements, it's much easier to just pick up the phone and ask your local installer. I spent all of 5 minutes on the phone and my new H/J system was up and running the very next day.

By local installer do you mean find an authorized person here locally or just call the 800 number on the dish website?

Either way. If you call Dish, they will arrange for the right installer in your area. Or you can call one directly. I took the direct approach.

I'd also appreciate a PM from a DIRT rep. My 922 has died with the common boot cycle failure / black screen with loud fan noise. Would like to investigate upgrading to H/J rather than replacing the 922.
Thanks!

Hi. Total noob to satelliteguys and satellite talk in general.

I've been a Dish Customer for five years and am not under contract. I have an old 522 in the living room with TV2 in the master bedroom. With some recently purchased HDs, it's time to make the jump to the 21st century. I've been holding out for a piece of hardware like the Hopper and am ready to upgrade. I'm thinking of a Hopper in the living room and a Joey in the master bedroom and another in a second bedroom. I'd love a PM to hear the logistics of making this happen.

Would like a PM from a DIRT member about upgrading to a Hopper/Joey please. Current, out of contract, customer with one 722. Thanks.

Helped/Contacted

Can a DIRT member contact me? I've been trying for the last 4 weeks to get upgraded to 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys. I've talked to the "Executive Resolutions" group and they try to process the order but the computer system gives a strange error message at the end and the order is not able to be processed. Since they haven't had any luck, I'm trying to escalate the issue and find someone that can either manually enter in the order or find some way to correct the problem. A trouble ticket was submitted to Dish Network IT dept on 3/12 but they have been unresponsive so far. Thanks...

Stan

Last edited:
Hopper just installed

The coax was fine and the Dish on the roof was fine so the node install was about 5 minutes and the Hopper setup/download was less than 30 minutes. The tech was gone in less than 1 hour. I only have 1 Hopper - no Joeys. Plugged in the Cat 5 and was connected to the internet in a minute or so. Great tech. So far the unit works wonderfully and I am very happy. I own the Hopper. I removed the lid for extra cooling. The tech suggested I use a USB laptop cooler under the Hopper for additional cooling. I might do that and replace the lid. It sure was hot when I removed the lid - it was turned on for about 2 hours when I removed it.

I wish it had an app for Youtube. That is my only complaint.

My old DVR 512 (which I own) is free to anyone who wants it. Just pay the shipping. It needs a new hard drive - the old one died. Easy to replace.

I would appreciate a PM from a DIRT member.

My 722 now reboots every time I try to change to an OTA channel. I know there's currently no OTA on a Hopper, but this may be a good time to upgrade, instead of getting a replacement 722...

Can a dirt member please pm me. Looking to see what it would cost to switch to Hopper/Joey system. Presently have 922 and 722k.

MattG@ Dish Network was great to work with and helped me get me get set up with a Hopper/Joey system that I wanted. So far I love it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts