Hopper Upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Haven't heard from DIRT yet - just thought I'd bump this. Thanks!

Sorry about that! PM will be sent shortly.

Instead of PMing a DIRT member if you could please make a post on this thread and we will send you a PM.

I'm also going to bump this request. In order for us to keep track of who we have contacted, we have been "liking" the post in this thread. If everyone could continue to post here instead of sending PMs directly, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

This is for DIRT...I am military and moving. We have 1 year left on our contract and will do dishmover. We have a 722k and a 612. Am interested in one or two hoppers and two Joeys (3-4 connections). Account number is available via PM.

Thanks!

Hello, this is also for DIRT. I am looking to upgrade to a Hopper and one Joey. I'm out of contract and currently have one VIP 722. A PM would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Dirt! I'm considering getting a hopper/joey solution and would like to know what the out of pocket costs are and the monthly rates as compared to my current setup. Been with Dish since around '95 or '96, currently have 2 HD tvs, 2 SD tvs using a 722 (leased)0, 622 (purchased) and a 522 (purchased). Thanks.

Hi DIRT members!

I am moving this weekend and consider swapping out two 211s (leased) for 1 hopper + 2 joeys to go along with own 722k. Currently out of contract obligations. Please PM for account number. Looking forward to hearing from your team. Thanks.

doceinstein said:
Hi DIRT members!

I am moving this weekend and consider swapping out two 211s (leased) for 1 hopper + 2 joeys to go along with own 722k. Currently out of contract obligations. Please PM for account number. Looking forward to hearing from your team. Thanks.

You will have to stop using the 722K. No ViP and Hopper combinations unless you have a Tailgater.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Looking to upgrade to 1 hopper 3 joey. replacing 722 and a 211.

maryb - we had PM'd back in March, but any DIRT member contact would be appreciated.

Sorry Ray C - I just PM'd you directly before reading that you'd all like us to post here.

Contacted by Ray C

Last edited:
Hello DIRT!

I've been in contact with MattG but he's off today and returns Sunday, on which we also are moving to a new location. Please PM me.Looking for 1H+2J for 1-722k (purchased; will be shelved to collect dust!) and 2-211 (leased).

oKAY SO THEY ARE GOING TO HONOR THE PREVIOUS QUOTE. 1 HOPPER TWO JOEYS FOR 100 WAIVED INSTALLER FEE AT AN ADDITIONAL TOTAL BILL INCREASE OF JUST 11 DOLLARS PER MONTH! WOW!

I'm interested in a quote for a Hopper upgrade and 1 Joey, I'm a current customer who's outside of contract at the moment. Can I get a PM? Thank you.

So, a week ago I talked to an online chat rep. Mentioned cancelling and this is the deal they were gonna give me:
1 Hopper + 2 Joeys = No Upgrade Fee/Waived
Protection Plan = Waived
Tech Visit = Waived
Discount = $5/24 months + $10/12 months

Now today I decided to close the deal and they are giving me a different story. Either waive the fees and keep the discount, or keep the discount and pay the fees. I work for a Dish RSP and understand sometimes you can get more depending on who you talk to but I talked to more than one rep today. So did the first person misquote me or can I get this deal from one of you? I have heard of you guys working miracles in the past.

It's pretty bad if a Dish employee/customer has to cancel and sign up with a competitor because they can't get a good deal. Help me out please!

Can I also get a PM from a DIRT member? I have a owned 722 system and want to upgrade to a 1H/multiple J system. Thanks!

Extremely Frustrated with Customer Service

I have been a customer with Dish for over 10 years paying $150+ per month. I just called to find out about the hopper and joey service and was asked to pay $100 for the upgrade. I asked the rep why new customers were given the equipment for free and i've been a loyal customer for 10+ years and have to pay $100 which didn't make any sense. The rep told me that that's the rule for existing customers. I told them that if that is the case, I would rather explore my options with other providers and I asked to cancel my service. It really annoyed/frustrated me that by being a customer for so many years, there was nothing he could do. He said that he would have to transfer me to the cancellation department.

When the rep from the cancellation department came on, she started explaining the same thing and I explained to her again that I had been a customer for 10+ years in good standing and no issues on my account and found it odd that they were making me pay $100 for an upgrade while new customers were asked to pay nothing for the equipment. She also told me something that shocked me. This is for all you new customers... Here is what she told me... "Even though we have advertised it as free for new customers, they have to qualify for it and there are many new customers who have had to pay $600+ for the hopper and joey!" I told her "what? does that mean your advertisement about free for new customers is false?". She said it is not false but they just have to qualify! Are they now trying to get new customers to signup by saying it is free and then surprising them with a $600+ charge because they "didn't qualify"????

After talking to her for few mins and telling her that they were going to charge me $100 and make me sign a contract as well, which just didn't seem fair, she said they most she could do is give me $25 off of the upgrade fee. So, I would have to pay $75 and sign a contract. I told her I don't mind signing the contract but the upgrade fee doesn't make sense. She said there was nothing else that could be done. I told her to go ahead and cancel my account for a future date so that I could make arrangements with another provider. While she was setting up the cancellation, she said I had a $20 cancellation fee because I still had 49 days on my contract since I had upgraded to "HD Free for life". When said that, I told her that I refuse to pay dish any $$ for cancellation. I will wait another 49 days and then cancel my account. She said that was fine.

So much for being a customer for 10+ years and paying $150+ per month over the years. I read all these other posts where people have been offered the hopper and joey with no cost, but it is just the opposite for me! It made me feel that they don't care about existing customers whether they've been with them for 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, or 10+ years like me!! :mad:

Upgrade fee's are a fact of life. I have a similar situation to you monthly and have been with Echostar/Dish since big dish days. I gladly paid the 100 bucks, Hell for the buggy vip922 I payed 200 bucks but I'm masocistic...:cool:
I like Dish, where I live we have Comcast....which sucks, Direct which I am not impressed with, and Dish. Perhaps limited options has influenced my thinking, or not...
Happy trails....:coffee

Would like to get a PM from the DIRT team. I looking for a possible upgrade to 1 hopper and 1 joey depending on costs. Currently using 1 722k and out of contract (I think).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)