Hopper Upgrades

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you were expecting DIRT to see this thread, they don't monitor all threads all the time, so you should have sent a PM to a DIRT member
Agreed, the best bet is to grab a DiRT member when they are online and get it taken care of.

I'm assuming you mean you want to run dish HD service to 2 tvs.

Simple
A Hopper and a Joey.
You'll have 3 tuners VS the 2 you have now with the 722, Plus you would get the Prime Time anytime option. Which allows recording the big 4 local Networks from 7 -11pm using only 1 tuner..

The Fees are $12 DVR fee, and $7 Joey fee per month!
Most likly no upfront cost.
But obviously you would start another 24 month commitment.

My ViP 211 is dying. Purchasing the necessary hardware to swap out the ViP 722k (owned) and ViP 211 (also owned, last legs) would be a little over $400 for HWS, Super Joey, Single Node, and Integrator. I also figure I need to run a third RG6Q coax from the Dish 1000.4 up on the roof to the ground block as I see the Integrator needs a satellite input for the SJ's tuners.

Our account is paid up so I should be able to qualify for the "free" Hopper w/Sling, but I gather I need to pay extra for the Super Joey. I should be able to buy one and add it to the account after getting the HWS set up. If I do qualify for a free Hopper, does that include the Node and installation and upgrade of the necessary infrastructure to support this configuration?

Likely the SJ would be included in free... But yes, all the other components are part of he standard installation.

You will more then likely have to possibly pay $99 for the added super joey.
But that is up to dish.
It may be totally free!
Also you will have a 24 month commitment.

They will definitely give you A Hopper and 2 regular joeys at no cost.

And yes , they will install everything.

I have 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I have the external sling. I want the Netflix app. What are my options? Thanks

I have 2 hoppers and 4 joeys. I have the external sling. I want the Netflix app. What are my options? Thanks
PM a dirt member, and have your H2Ks upgraded to HWS. It will require a new commitment. Shouldn't need a tech, as it would be similar in nature to an RA.

I am looking to upgrade my two 722's to the new hopper system. I have four tv's . Any suggestions.
I would recommend a Hopper with Sling, SuperJoey and 2 regular Joeys if you are a Family of 4 whom watch live tv regularly.

That gives you 5 live Tuners an will cost you, $12, DVR fee,(Will go up to $15 mid January ) $10 Super Joey, $14 for 2 Joeys.
Total $36

You could also do a Hopper with Sling, and 3 Joeys if the 4th room, or( even 3rd room) is occasionally used.
You will only have 3 Live tuners between 4 rooms, So keep that in mind.
But the cost is $12 DVR fee($15), $21 3 Joeys. Total $33

If you upgrade before January 15th I believe you may not get hit with the DVR price increase.

Now I have 2 Hoppers and 2
Joeys, That's 6 live Tuners, But not so sure that would be offered as an upgrade to you without some sort of upfront cost.
But it's not as User Friendly as a Single Hopper with a SuperJoey.

Your Recordings are all in one spot, where as I have to use a drop down menu to choose between the other Hopper if I happen to record something on Hopper 1 Vs Hopper 2.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Haha. Hey, I'm 3 hours away, got an extra ticket?? and I'll hang out tomorrow for the day and drive back home....

Haha. Hey, I'm 3 hours away, got an extra ticket?? and I'll hang out tomorrow for the day and drive back home....
Unfortunately no such thing as a ticket. For press to get in there are all kinds of hoops you need to jump through, and you need to be approved.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)