Hopper/Version S230 (Slow Response)

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Just wanted to check with everyone. Since I received the new software (s230), my system is very slow in responding

Sorry using IPhone, anyway the response of the Hopper is real slow when changing channels are performing a task, This is extremely noticeable, even by my wife & kids are making comments. What was advertised as the fastest system on the market, "Is now the Slowest". !!

Thanks for the input !

I have rebooted several times, no luck at all.
I counted 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1000 then the channel appears when you do a simple task like change the channel. Almost 5 full seconds for the channel to change. It is happening on both Hoppers and can't get blue tooth to work on either Hopper as well. Apparently something happened to my new software load.

I thought I was just sleepy, but last night one of my Hoppers was pretty slow. Haven't had a problem today and that was the first time I noticed since getting S230 nearly a week ago.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

lucky86 said:
Are they slow to respond to the front panel buttons as well? If not, verify the remote isn't in IR mode and try de linking and re linking.

40.0 remotes don't have an IR mode for the sat receiver.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

False, go to the remote manager in the menus and choose IR and then enable.

Don't think that's the case. That setting is just to allow the Hopper to accept IR universal remotes, like the Harmony remotes. On that screen, it states that the Dish remote continues to use UHF, even if the setting is enabled.

It is not the command that is slow, it is the response of the Hopper.

Example: You are on a channel, from remote you change the channel. You can see the new channel on the header, but your screen is black and the new channel does not appear for a few seconds. The actual picture & audio are delayed from coming to the TV.

eddwall said:
It is not the command that is slow, it is the response of the Hopper.

Example: You are on a channel, from remote you change the channel. You can see the new channel on the header, but your screen is black and the new channel does not appear for a few seconds. The actual picture & audio are delayed from coming to the TV.

Perfect explanation on what's happening!

I wanted to wait until I'd had the Hopper for a week until I responded to this thread. I upgraded last Saturday, and I am comparing my experience to a 922. Very sluggish when entering channel numbers (I.E. typing 140 to go directly to ESPN). Many times I've had it completely miss picking up a number (I.E. when I type 140, it will register 10, or 40). This behavior is consistent for me. If anyone ever had a DirecTV HR20-700 DVR and remember the sluggishness issues with the remote, this is similar.

I too am seeing the delay in audio/video from the hopper on changing channels. The header comes up immediately, but there is a good 3 seconds of blackness before audio/video comes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts