Hopper/Version S230 (Slow Response)

I notice this as well (about 3 second delay), however I cannot say if it is worse with new sw. I almost never watch live tv so never paid much attention.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

I notice this as well (about 3 second delay), however I cannot say if it is worse with new sw. I almost never watch live tv so never paid much attention.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app
Definitely slower and I think it got worse when I added the OTA tuner. That's something I'll have to research though.

I had this issue on ONE of Two Hoppers. Pull batteries for a second and did a Red button reboot. Now its very fast.

Tried it... Didn't help at all.

Dish really needs a beta test program so us expert customers can help test these little bugs.
I take back what I said about reboots. It was slow, reboot fixed it, but now I have a NEW issue.
I should note that i have both a Sling and the OTA adapter plugged into the back. Did Dish test both Sling and OTA on the same box?

**NEW Minor ISSUE**-
I had 230 for Two days. Today I turned the TV on and it said you have new updates, it listed the new features. Everything worked but Pause, rewind, and FFW. Every time I pushed the button it gave the symbol with a red slash through it. My 2nd Hopper worked fine. I rebooted the first, I will check it again tonight.

Have any of y'all tried to unplug the hopper for 5 minutes and then replug it back in? After any sofware update if I experience problems I do that and it usually corrects the problems unless they are software induced and it is widespread ,known issues.

It is not the command that is slow, it is the response of the Hopper.

Example: You are on a channel, from remote you change the channel. You can see the new channel on the header, but your screen is black and the new channel does not appear for a few seconds. The actual picture & audio are delayed from coming to the TV.

I only got Dish installed with the Hopper on 11/17/2012 and never played with it until after S230 was there the next morning and I thought what you described was normal so I just double checked and it does exactly as you described, the channel header is there when I press channel up or channel down but the screen is black under the header with no audio/video for atleast 4 seconds before the audio/video shows. I already PMed Zach a few moments ago.

Last edited:
After last night, channel changes have improved a bit...down to 3 seconds from 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts