Hopper Viewing Recorded Programs Problems

dangerousdave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
On occasions, my friend records a program, then goes to watch it later and she sees no picture or sound, just a black screen the entire length of the show (30-60 mins).

Sometimes a recorded show will show an full yellow screen for between 10 secs to 4 minutes then suddenly she can view the show but without the portion of the show that had a yellow screen.

I have the Hopper device numbers recorded if that would help identify the exact model receiver. I'm just not sure how safe it is to post it.

Thanks,
Dave

Sometimes a recorded show will show an full yellow screen for between 10 secs to 4 minutes then suddenly she can view the show but without the portion of the show that had a yellow screen.
This is the "yellow screen of death" that Dish puts on local HD channels whenever they lose the signal from the local station. In this case, the technical difficulty is on Dish's end, or at the local station. It is not something wrong with the Hopper. It recorded what Dish was actually broadcasting on that channel.

On occasions, my friend records a program, then goes to watch it later and she sees no picture or sound, just a black screen the entire length of the show (30-60 mins).

I have the Hopper device numbers recorded if that would help identify the exact model receiver. I'm just not sure how safe it is to post it.

Thanks,
Dave
Over the past week dish has been having many issues with their hoppers due to a software update. Black screen, dvr not recording, audio cutting in and out, HDMI issues. It's a mess.

Push the menu button 3 times. If the software version is U341 and the update happen recently then the culprit is most likely software related. Calling. Dish CSR
will most likely be a waste of time.
A partial reset had helped many but so far it's only been a temporary fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)