Hopper w/o Joey

yomama

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Atlanta (swburbs)
My 722 just bit the dust and was thinking about upgrading to the Hopper. I really dont have a need for any Joeys as I have the other TVs hardwired via shared HDMI and they are only viewed as same channel. Can I get a Hopper only, or is it mandatory to have at least one Joey :confused:

Couple of options. You could buy one and pay to have it installed, incurring no new contract. You might be able to upgrade from Dish but when the tech comes refuse the Joey and only take the Hopper.
Have you gone to the Dish site and gone through the process of placing an order to see if it will accept just the hopper? I believe it does allow it.

And a Hopper works just fine without a Joey.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can order 1 Hopper without any joeys (and lease it) . I have installed that setup many times.

No hoops to jump through like a 2 Hopper/0 joey setup.

My 722 just bit the dust and was thinking about upgrading to the Hopper. I really dont have a need for any Joeys as I have the other TVs hardwired via shared HDMI and they are only viewed as same channel. Can I get a Hopper only, or is it mandatory to have at least one Joey :confused:

Send me a PM if you'd like to set this up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)