Hopper w/Sling and Super Joey - tuners 3 & 4 acquiring Data

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fire_317

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Hi All,

I have a Hopper w/ built in Sling and a Super Joey. For about the last 3 weeks, I have noticed that tuners 3 & 4 continue to show "Acquiring Data" and only tuners 1,2 & 5 work. Thus we are butting heads trying to watch programs and record with only 3 working tuners. I have tried the red reset button on the Hopper. I have unplugged both the Hopper and Joey both at the same time and both separately and still do not get all 5 tuners working. Same tuners 3 & 4 all the time just says "Acquiring Data". All cabling from the dish into the house and to the 2 receivers are Dish Tech installed and no one has tampered with the cables since he was here on the initial install. I have tried Dish Tech Chat, but get same ole check the cable routine and check the system status. Anyone seen this and have suggestions? Any Dish techs online and can help me with suggestions? Sat signal per the system status is all green.

Running a check switch test would be an excellent start. To run one press menu on your remote select settings- diagnostics- point dish- check switch and test. Have you checked for possible blockage to the antenna such as foliage?

Running a check switch test would be an excellent start. To run one press menu on your remote select settings- diagnostics- point dish- check switch and test. Have you checked for possible blockage to the antenna such as foliage?

The Dish itself is clear, no obstructions. When check switch is completed I get an error that says "A problem has been detected with your Super Joey" and prompts me to re-run check switch.

How is the super Joey connected to the moca network? Is it just into the client port on the node? Did the SJ move since the installer installed it?

Both Hopper and Joey are connected as the installer did it. Has not been moved. Was working for about 2 months and stopped working 3 weeks ago.

Just got off the phone with Dish tech and they are sending out a tech. They believe my Joey is bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts