Hopper w/Sling - playing remotely

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I had never played around with Sling and actually don't really consider it a big deal. But I'm up at my mom's house 'mom sitting' while my sis and bro-in-law take a break from care giving. Mom's 92 and still pretty spry, but we don't want her by herself. So I thought, what the hell, I'll give Dish Anywhere a go.

My home 'net access is DSL 6M/512K service, so I wasn't expecting HD video from my home DVR while here at my mom's and I didn't get it! But it worked flawlessly other than the PQ itself. No video glitches, easy controlling it though slower than it would have been sitting in front of the home setup, or using the internal home network.

I won't upgrade my 'net service to get better 'on the road' performance as I don't do much in the way of travel these days, but I was very impressed with how well it worked.

And of course, while fiddling around I couldn't help but add a recording timer to my son's Hopper to just tick him off. I picked a nice Lifetime tear jerker for him to record, I'm sure he'll appreciate that!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)