Hopper wants to run check switches all the time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yesterday morning when I woke up I turned my Joey on to watch TV in the bed room with no problems when turning it on. I turned it off, then went to the Living room and turned on the Hopper and got the Check Switch. SO I don't know if that helps any of you Techs out or not. Still on 207 but now have Pandora and FB apps.

I did confirmation that the lack of the 77 orbital is causing this issue and they are working on the software upgrade to resolve this issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience but hopefully we will get the fix out to the Hoppers quickly!

Thanks Mary, I thought it might be something caused by my 61.5, 73.7, 110, 119 satellite configuration. It will be nice when fixed because the short check switch forces me to restart my regular morning recording of Imus.

I don't think the lack of 77w is causing this issue,Since we started the hopper installations here(dish 500 with only 110,119 feeds)none of mine have this problem,I'm myself have a 2h4j with 61.5,118,110,119 feeds since I upgrade myself and never have this problem.

I don't think the lack of 77w is causing this issue,Since we started the hopper installations here(dish 500 with only 110,119 feeds)none of mine have this problem,I'm myself have a 2h4j with 61.5,118,110,119 feeds since I upgrade myself and never have this problem.

Yes, but you are not on an Eastern Arc set-up. The Hopper is looking for a specific orbital matrix that these account do not have, so the receiver is forcing a check switch test to verify the matrix is correct.

Eastern Arc here too. Same issue, almost always does check switch when I start both of my Hoppers for the first time each day. Not a big deal, never really thought much of it, until last night.

I had set the Nascar race on FOX to start recording at 6:30. I noticed it has started recording because the red light was on. I turned the Hopper on and it did a check switch and it ended the recording! It ran quick but I absolutely could not get the Nascar race to start recording again. I thought maybe it was because I had a timer, so I went to delete it, I could click yes to confirm deletion but it just wouldn't delete. I reset the box (which is amazingly fast compared to my old DirecTV box ;)) and as soon as I had a picture it automatically started recording again.

I don't care to wait on the check switch to run but I guess it's not a good idea to turn the Hopper on while something is recording. Anyone else had a recording stopped because of check switch running when you start the box?

...I don't care to wait on the check switch to run but I guess it's not a good idea to turn the Hopper on while something is recording. Anyone else had a recording stopped because of check switch running when you start the box?

Weekday mornings I record rather than watch Imus on FBN (so that I can skip excessive commercials by watching it a little later). When I get downstairs at about 6:05 and turn on the TV (and Hopper) it does the check switch and stops the recording, but I have never had trouble restarting the recording with the "record" button on the remote. It's a minor nuissance, apparently caused by not having 77, and since I do that first turn on in the morning, I never have trouble with any of my other recording.

Hopefully this will get sorted out soon. Glad to here they have a fix on the way. It's no a big deal, just hate that it interupts recordings when turn on the receiver.

If I stop the hopper from checking for updates, will this fix the problem? It is quite annoying if I forget to turn the hopper on before PTAT kicks in it cancels the recording, and than I can't record all of the shows, not enough tuners.

Thanks
Shawn

You need the updates for the guide. If you don't turn it on until evening every day, maybe setting an auto tune might help. I turn mine on every morning so it isn't a big deal.

I am seeing this as well. It got me on Wednesday, I got home around 9:15PM turned on the TV & the Hopper and it did the Checking Switches. I watched the Devils Rangers game, with no problems. Then last night I went to watch some PTAT and all of my recordings cutoff from where I turned the Hopper on. Needless to say the wife was not happy with that one. I also had already disabled standby, but that didn't help, and it locks 2 receivers even though PIP is not in use.

when we started doing installs here in Northern Maine as well, we run into this on our show room and two of our installers had the same issue at home, mine has stopped doing it,the other installer was told to take it off his power surge protector and plug it straight in the wall, still didn't work, they say its an issue but no answers yet

Then last night I went to watch some PTAT and all of my recordings cutoff from where I turned the Hopper on. Needless to say the wife was not happy with that one.

I hear you man. It stinks knowing you haven't turned your Hopper on all day and that when you do it's going to run a check switch and interupt EVERY recording at that time. Had this happen on Friday. Got in about 9:00 at night. Had Reds/Yankees recording along with PTAT. All 5 programs interupted when I hit the power button on the remote to start the Hopper. I've learned that PTAT will not automatically start recording again. Everything else will after a couple of minutes but PTAT will not. So you're done for the rest of the night with PTAT unless you record the shows yourself or have specific shows set up with timers.

I keep forgetting to turn it on every morning when I get up. How silly does that sound? No fix in 212 it seems. Hopefully this is a top priority for the next update.

just found out that it affects the Sling Adapter too.
I was watching something through Dishonline when my son got home from school and turned on the Hopper.
Video on my end cut out and I saw a 'checkswitch' message. Took about 5 minutes til I got it up and running normal again.

If I stop the hopper from checking for updates, will this fix the problem? It is quite annoying if I forget to turn the hopper on before PTAT kicks in it cancels the recording, and than I can't record all of the shows, not enough tuners.

I am now on 212 and the auto tune no longer seems to fix the checking switch issue. It seem that the hopper now does a checking switch multiple times a day, on the the old version it only happened once a day.

Thanks
Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts