Hopper Wish List - What to change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I dont think this will happen as they only send out art cards for current programming, things like shows on VOOM never had art cards so I don't think we will ever see them.

I think it would be better to have the option to turn off the Icons when access the EHD.

Scott,
I'm not talking about ancient history here. The situation with me is, if I have an episode of, say...Haunted History sitting in my DVR and another episode of Haunted History sitting in my EHD I it get the correct icons every time...? but If I record a Movie or Program and transfer it to the EHD with no like kind in the DVR... I get the title but no art or sometimes a generic icon, which is better then nothing. Granted this is a minor issue but it still bugs the heck out of me and should be fixed.

I dont think this will happen as they only send out art cards for current programming, things like shows on VOOM never had art cards so I don't think we will ever see them.

I think it would be better to have the option to turn off the Icons when access the EHD.

I don't think this is not the case for most programs. It looks like there is a bug in the EHD display.

Try this:

Step 1:
View the EHD from the regular DVR menu. I get almost no art. A few channel logos on a hit or miss basis but not much else.

Step 2:
View the same EHD from the Recordings Transfer menu as if you are transferring from EHD to Hopper. I get art on almost everything, and this is an EHD that goes back to within a few weeks of the feature first being available on the 722. Plenty of old musty recordings.

I'm sure there is an art card availability issue for some older programs, but the transfer display proves they are capable of displaying the art in many/most instances.

The EHD icons exist somewhere in the system because if I do a search and select "My Recordings", I get a list of my recorded shows. All have icons including EHD.

The EHD icons exist somewhere in the system because if I do a search and select "My Recordings", I get a list of my recorded shows. All have icons including EHD.
It is interesting, I've noticed that if you do transfers in reverse (from EHD to DVR) you do get icons. Not always the pretty picture ones but there are no blanks. Unfortunately when looking at the EHD programming I have a high percentage of blanks and it appears at least a few others do also. ;)

All great suggestions, but this is the one omission that continually annoys me. I like to know while cruising through the guide if it's a new show or a repeat without having to hit the info button.

Not only this, but get the info right. If it's an HD show, then list it as HD. My 722 did this. This is not a Tribune issue.. This is a Dish Issue.. Dish apparently chose to shorten the info to make it fit into the square.. Fix the square.. Not the info.. For some reason the info just seems abbreviated. And while I am at it, what's up with the ugly grey and white info and banners.. I miss the pretty blue from my 722K. I like my Hoppers. But I didn't want downgraded info and graphics.

Full network integration between two or more hoppers.. in that, all six tuners could be used by any boxes in the house, rather than assigning a Joey to a specific hopper. It would be cool to hit the red button and see all six tuners from any box in the house, rather than the three on that partial network.

Do you understand what I'm trying to suggest?

Full network integration between two or more hoppers.. in that, all six tuners could be used by any boxes in the house, rather than assigning a Joey to a specific hopper. It would be cool to hit the red button and see all six tuners from any box in the house, rather than the three on that partial network.

Do you understand what I'm trying to suggest?
yes

The ability to create more folders to store programs in (I am an organization freak), the ability to create more custom program guide lists, the ability to press record and have the DVR offer the option to record the while show rather than just from where you pressed record, the ability to see at a glance the red recording indicator on the outside of folders like I could on the 922 (instead of having to go inside each folder to see what is recording), a fix for the Hopper losing the On Demand info and telling you to press Record to try again (which you then have to do five or six times), the return of the show pictures when scrolling through the program guide or selecting an On Demand item to view the info from (lost this with the recent update).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts