Hopper with sling adapter

Who would like this to happen. Talking about making the transfer app for the ipad work for the sling adapter not just the new hopper

No less authority than Vivek Kempka has said that won't happen due to hardware limitations. (I don't see why, given sufficient time, that the old Hopper, or VIP DVR receivers for that matter, could't be made to do the same thing.)

Agreed.

Is there any plan to make that happen?

Also, why limit to the iPad? Ugh. Would love to see it move to devices that have expanded memory capabilities, such as Android phones and tablets.

It can't happen on the old Hopper as it does not have the hardware video encoder which is built into the new Hopper with Sling

It's a function of the new CPU.

That's why the old Hopper can not do it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

In regards to why the iPad and not Android devices the first reason is there is no set resolution or screen size for Android devices, so what settings do they use for best quality on all Android devices?

Dish wants the user to have the best pq and experience possible.

With the iPads this was not an issue as there were not hundreds of screen sizes and resolutions to support.

With that said I do believe we will see Android support for the Hopper transfer feature in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well, Dish Anywhere works fine. Pick one resolution and go with it. Let the user expand it to full screen, zoom, whatever.

Ok, so how do I trade out my Hopper?

If I order 2 Hoppers and 4 Joes, do I get two slings built in? If so can two mobile devices play each Sling at the same time? If only one Sling for the account, can Sling play from both Hoppers?

What is the minimum upload speed needed for Sling to work properly?

As far as networking, can I issue a recording command from one Hopper to the other? I understand they can play back each other's recordings.

Thanks in advance.

Well, Dish Anywhere works fine. Pick one resolution and go with it. Let the user expand it to full screen, zoom, whatever.

Ok, so how do I trade out my Hopper?

You'll have to do a Dish 'N It Up. Upgrade cost to the Hopper with Sling is $200-$300. Check with a Dirt member on here and they can help you out.

If I order 2 Hoppers and 4 Joes, do I get two slings built in? If so can two mobile devices play each Sling at the same time? If only one Sling for the account, can Sling play from both Hoppers?

What is the minimum upload speed needed for Sling to work properly?

As far as networking, can I issue a recording command from one Hopper to the other? I understand they can play back each other's recordings.

Thanks in advance.

If you have two receivers with Sling in the house and you have two mobile devices that can acces sling then you can watch two separate programs. You may have to request a Hopper with Sling but I believe they are making them the default receiver now.

Starting tomorrow the upgrade cost to the Hopper with Sling will drop to $100. Get a hold of Dirt on here or call Dish to see what you can get for an upgrade.

What is the benefit of the Hopper with Sling if one's tablet/smartphones are Android?

Other than the offline transfers which are only available on Ipad now, it may not be worth to upgrade yet.

What is the benefit of the Hopper with Sling if one's tablet/smartphones are Android?

Other than the offline transfers which are only available on Ipad now, it may not be worth to upgrade yet.
not enough to pay $100 to upgrade from a regular hopper and extend your contract. HWS is a bit faster than the regular hopper plus it has built-in wifi. The Ipad transfers should be the primary reason to change over to an HWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts