Pixelation at top and bottom of the hour.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

visionman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
Lowville, New York
I know I've read here somewhere of others having this problem but none of the other threads I looked at sounded exactly like my problem. I have a 222k that pixelates as mentioned briefly on the hour and half hour. It gets frustrating. Someone mentioned software version- mine is L596. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks..

and on my 722k (I've had two in two months to try and solve this) TBS pixelates more than that.

I know I've read here somewhere of others having this problem but none of the other threads I looked at sounded exactly like my problem. I have a 222k that pixelates as mentioned briefly on the hour and half hour. It gets frustrating. Someone mentioned software version- mine is L596. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks..
Wow. You know, a lot of things are frustrating in my life. A couple of seconds of Pix-elation is NOT one of them.

KAB..The reason I posted was: 1.) Be certain the reciever wasn't going bad. 2.) I listed the software level in case there was an update that hadn't downloaded to my receiver. Yes it IS frustrating when you don't know the cause and wonder if further action should or should not be taken. At what point would it become "frustrating" to you? Thanks for your response.

My guess is it happens at the Channel's end, Not dish. There is NO action to be taken. Let's hope it get's fixed by whomever's lap it rests. But again...a non issue.

My guess is it happens at the Channel's end, Not dish.
Absent the OP telling us what channels seem to be problematic, this isn't a reasonable assumption. If the problem were widespread, it would be showing up on more than just the ViP222K.
But again...a non issue.
I get the feeling that it is a big issue and the more reports DISH gets the likelier they are to resolve it quickly.

Absent the OP telling us what channels seem to be problematic, this isn't a reasonable assumption. If the problem were widespread, it would be showing up on more than just the ViP222K.I get the feeling that it is a big issue and the more reports DISH gets the likelier they are to resolve it quickly.
I have see this happen on my 722K with USA shows, but no others. So what is NOT reasonable for me to assume it's on their end? Again, it's just a "blip" at best.

I've seen it on no channel, no recording, never on my 722, L725...

Last edited:
I've been seeing this since day one of Hopper however 722k never did this until L752 (now L753) and it's been doing it since then just like Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

See it constantly including tonight 11pm eastern C-span 212 (119) TV1 tuner 222k with MT2.

Last edited:
Here I thought it was my old 622 starting to crap out.... again. :( Its only momentary and happens on more then a handful of channels for me. I verified that my signal levels were good. As Kab stated its not really a big deal but it does happens more then it should.

I have see this happen on my 722K with USA shows, but no others. So what is NOT reasonable for me to assume it's on their end? Again, it's just a "blip" at best.
If the problem were happening at the head end, it would likely be getting more play amongst the other provider's customers. Maybe DISH customers are more discriminating?

I see many variables in this. Receiver model, software version, channels affected, EA vs. WA. For me, my 722 on software version L725, eastern arc, I have never seen this problem on any channel. If enough people report these details, perhaps we could find a pattern.

It happens so consistently with my hoppers, that I have subconsciously started using it as a timer. If I'm cooking dinner, when I see the glitch, I know it's time to get up and check the oven.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)