Pixelation at top and bottom of the hour.

It happens on both of my Hoppers since my original install was completed back in April. It has appeared on every software update and I am currently on S221 and my dish is looking at satellites on the western arc. I see it on every recording as well to me it is just a minor inconvenience but is certainly an ongoing issue.

I am on the Eastern arc and I mainly see it on Discovery and TLC but that's because they are about the only channels I watch any more. Maybe I too should take advantage of it as a "Beer Reminder". Everytime anyone sees the glitch they put their thumb to their forehead. Last person to do so has to fetch the beers :) "Cheers to the Glitches!"

Ok, so eastern/western arc is out as a possible criteria, as both arcs have been reported with the problem. Hopper(S221)/222k(L596)/622/722k(L753) have all reported the problem. No confirmation on the 722 or the 211 yet.

Just hope that 722 isn't next :p. One thing to note, the k versions have the newer chipsets, but then again the 622 has an older one.

Just hope that 722 isn't next :p. One thing to note, the k versions have the newer chipsets, but then again the 622 has an older one.
It happens on the K. I used a hour long, recorded show and kept watching at the bottom of the hour...I saw it in a commercial, which I had skipped originally. Again, so brief and subtle.

It is brief and subtle most of the time but it happens all the time and it can be annoying particularly if someone is talking at the end of the show and the glitch makes you miss what they're saying.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

It is brief and subtle most of the time but it happens all the time and it can be annoying particularly if someone is talking at the end of the show and the glitch makes you miss what they're saying.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys
You can't read lips???

My 211k started doing this just a few days ago and it really pisses me off! It does it on every channel at the top and bottom of every hour.
And to really make matters worse, it's screwing up ALL my recordings and I record a LOT of stuff.
Most shows run over the hour or half hour by as little as 5 seconds, some as much as 3 or 4 minutes so these burps are happening during the closing of the shows where they usually sum up the show and lay out the details.

This is really pissing me off..

This, along with the AMC/IFC debacle and Dish's lame offer of free 'sports' for three months (KMA Dish, no sports in MY house!) is pushing me to just end this.
I didn't enter a contract, I pay month by month because I don't sign contracts with anyone.

I also can't stand the ONE HOUR it takes the thing every morning to do three or four disk checks download updates and re-find the satellites. ONE HOUR... Every single day.
That's one hour I can't watch or record anything. I set it for when I'm usually asleep but it still can't record anything during that one hour it's checking and rechecking the disk.
It's a 2tb disk that's about 75% full. I am assuming it is only checking 500gb at a time which would explain why it repeats it three or four times in a row.

I got this model tuner so I can use a drive dock, I can eject a full disk and pop a new blank disk in any time I want and keep stuff indefinitely. They support two 2tb disks now but originally they were a wimpy little 500gb..

But that's not what's pissing me off. The burping thing it does now, THAT is pissing me off...

Fix it Dish. :wtf: We're sick of this BS.. :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

I've been seeing this on my 622 for a while now. It's not as bad as some people are saying, but something is definitely going on, i.e. it happens too much to be random, even if I can't discern a pattern to it.

Ok, so eastern/western arc is out as a possible criteria, as both arcs have been reported with the problem. Hopper(S221)/222k(L596)/622/722k(L753) have all reported the problem. No confirmation on the 722 or the 211 yet.
So, Dee has now confirmed the 211 has the problem too. I hope whatever software update it is, that my 722 never gets it. :)

So, Dee has now confirmed the 211 has the problem too. I hope whatever software update it is, that my 722 never gets it. :)

Hear hear. But, as they are propagating this bug to other receivers without fixing it, it seems likely we'll soon be out of luck too.

there is a pattern. it's related to the shifting of the program guide. if the program you are watching is a two hour one you shouldn't see the glitch.

I just noticed a momentary blip of the picture and sound on the half hour of the Denver Pittsburgh football game - AND I am watching OTA with an HD TiVo.

And I recall seeing it several times during the game but did not note the time, perhaps it is not solely a Dish thing, or it may have been something else.

I'll be more aware of it for future reference.

I also can't stand the ONE HOUR it takes the thing every morning to do three or four disk checks download updates and re-find the satellites. ONE HOUR... Every single day.
That's one hour I can't watch or record anything. I set it for when I'm usually asleep but it still can't record anything during that one hour it's checking and rechecking the disk.
It's a 2tb disk that's about 75% full. I am assuming it is only checking 500gb at a time which would explain why it repeats it three or four times in a row.

I got this model tuner so I can use a drive dock, I can eject a full disk and pop a new blank disk in any time I want and keep stuff indefinitely. They support two 2tb disks now but originally they were a wimpy little 500gb..

But that's not what's pissing me off. The burping thing it does now, THAT is pissing me off...

Fix it Dish. :wtf: We're sick of this BS.. :mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

To make things worse here in that scenario, you can't even change the update time for Hopper, and with multiple EHDs connected, it takes FOREVER for Hopper to do the nightly reboot. So at 1am if you aren't at the TV then you get to wait forever while it checks 2-3 EHDs. The solution is to change the update time (Dish, add it to Hopper please!) or constantly record. To make things worse if you are watching a recording from another Hopper, at 1am the other Hopper reboots and you lose your remote recordings until it's finished taking forever to check the EHDs...

Bump

Still no resolution, I was just watching the weather channel and the top of the hour rolled around and the screen pixelated on my 222k. Going on for 6 months now, just another dishaster as far as customer support.

To make things worse here in that scenario, you can't even change the update time for Hopper, and with multiple EHDs connected, it takes FOREVER for Hopper to do the nightly reboot. So at 1am if you aren't at the TV then you get to wait forever while it checks 2-3 EHDs. The solution is to change the update time (Dish, add it to Hopper please!) or constantly record. To make things worse if you are watching a recording from another Hopper, at 1am the other Hopper reboots and you lose your remote recordings until it's finished taking forever to check the EHDs...

That would infuriate me! I am almost always up and watching TV at 1am. I sleep in the daytime. I would be sending that thing back PDQ!!!

Bump

Still no resolution, I was just watching the weather channel and the top of the hour rolled around and the screen pixelated on my 222k. Going on for 6 months now, just another dishaster as far as customer support.

Same here. Not happy with this situation because it ruins ALL recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)