Pixelation at top and bottom of the hour.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
2:30 pm 11/12/12 pixelation # 234567783994030-2992282837463723-3939383827222 across all dish VIP and above receivers, across all arcs, across all channels, on the half and top of the hour, and every hour for 7 months straight.

Way to go dish, you just beat time warner cable's world record for crappiest multi channel provider! You will need to submit extra to JD power next time.

I think you're exagerating a bit. Seven months of twice hourly pixelation adds up to only about 10220 events. Unless you mean your personal log entry is numbered 234567783994030-2992282837463723-3939383827222. But if you're telling us your events are the mathmatical sum of the #, that's -2.7616544e+15, which is not a believable number, as it's negative.

I haven't seen this on any of my equipment, ranging from 622s, 722k and now Hopper/Joeys.

Well, it is definitely there. Sometimes worse then others but there all of the time. Is it going to make me leave Dish? - no. But the bug has been described in detail and it needs to be fixed.

Glad I found this thread. I originally thought it was just a Hopper/Joey problem but it appears it's on other equipment as well. More likely to be fixed (hopefully) since its widespread (across more than one model).

Must have something to do with either uplink side, or the satellite download delivery of the signal since it is on both arcs .

We are pretty sure it has something to do with the guide data changes across all the channels at 30 and 60 minutes. If you are watching a channel with a program in the guide that happens to end at say 10 mimutes after the hour when the guide updates for that channel it does not pixelate. And does not occur at all on old 301 or 3900 models.

We are pretty sure it has something to do with the guide data changes across all the channels at 30 and 60 minutes. If you are watching a channel with a program in the guide that happens to end at say 10 mimutes after the hour when the guide updates for that channel it does not pixelate. And does not occur at all on old 301 or 3900 models.

So guide updates are software related issues right? So that means it could be changed by fixing the software.

Noticed today that my 722 now has L727 software. I sure hope this doesn't introduce the pixelation problem for me.

All,

We are currently investigating this issue and will be working to get this resolved as quickly as possible. If you are experiencing freezing/pixelating at :29 and :59 past the hour, please send us a PM including your account number. If you have multiple receivers and this is only occuring on one of them, please include the receiver CA ID number for the receiver being affected. (Menu 2x / System Info button on front panel)

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Yep. I for the longest time DID NOT have this happening to me until last month, when I believe my non-k 722 got a new software update (L729, I believe).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts