Pixelation at top and bottom of the hour.

I held off posting to be sure, but same here, I am not seeing this on the 612's.

My 722 does it. But it's barely noticeable. You really have to watch for it.

It's mainly only noticeable when shows go overtime and people are talking and the blip makes you miss what they're saying.

It should be realized it has nothing to do with any receiver. Rather, transmission.

KAB said:
It should be realized it has nothing to do with any receiver. Rather, transmission.

You know this for sure? How? My 722k never did it until L751.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

You know this for sure? How? My 722k never did it until L751.

And it has been reported that it doesn't exist on the 3900 either. ;) KAB says it's subtle on the 722, but I haven't seen it. I also haven't seen it on the 612, but I must admit, maybe I just have to look closer.

It shows on my 222k and my three 211ks. It is worse on the 211ks with EHDs. It is definitely tied to the guide shift. You can watch the guide and see the pixelation when it shifts.

It shows on my 222k and my three 211ks. It is worse on the 211ks with EHDs. It is definitely tied to the guide shift. You can watch the guide and see the pixelation when it shifts.

Right. I have one 211k with EHD and 9 day guide and it does it every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of every hour. It totally ruins recordings. For instance if I want to record a movie on TCM, forget about it. Every 30 minutes the movie will be dorked up. And as for other TV series shows, 99% of all channels run their videos anywhere from several seconds to a few minutes past the top/bottom of every hour. You have to set your timer to record 35 minutes to get a 30 minute show and the end of ALL of them is messed up. So really, what's the point of recording anything anymore? ALL recordings are ruined like this. Thanks Dish...

Judging by the models affected it must be the models with the newer chipsets that are affected. Even though it's annoying I certainly wouldn't want to downgrade receivers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I haven't noticed it on any of our receivers,then again I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.If I understand correctly at the bottom and top of the hr. certain channels,receivers pixelate.I have seen that when skipping commercials but haven't noticed it during the games or shows.

I'm so glad I stayed with my 722.
As said before, my 722 does it, but it is NO big deal. You have to "bug eye" to even see it. Most of the times, it happens when there are network promos/commercials...which nobody pays attention to....or skips past.

Do I understand that proper detection technique is to stare at the inset picture while the guide updates? (I still haven't seen this on my 722 nor my 612.)

I have one 211k with EHD and 9 day guide and it does it every 30 minutes at the top and bottom of every hour. It totally ruins recordings.

What do you mean by "totally ruins"? Isn't this a momentary problem lasting less than a second on a 211?

Last edited:
Do I understand that proper detection technique is to stare at the inset picture while the guide updates? (I still haven't seen this on my 722 nor my 612.)

What do you mean by "totally ruins"? Isn't this a momentary problem lasting less than a second on a 211?
Sounds like you haven't read too many of her posts....

Dee has a flair for dramatic, putting it kindly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)