Hopper with Sling Data Usage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TechWriter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
My Hopper w/Sling, Mac computer, iPhone, and iPad are all connected to a Verizon wireless WiFi hotspot. Since my Verizon data plan is limited I have to watch how much data I use.

So for the following scenarios, am I using up any of my Verizon data?
  • Watching Hopper programming on an iPad or iPhone using the DISH Anywhere app on these devices.
  • Watching Hopper programming on my Mac computer using the DISH Anywhere app.
  • Watching On Demand movies in either of the above cases.

Are you watching HD or SD....High quality low quality....There are many factors

If the communication is within your home network, the data usage should be negligible, streaming outside tour home is another matter.

Doesn't your ISP have a webpage or an app that lets you see your daily usage?

If the communication is within your home network, the data usage should be negligible, streaming outside tour home is another matter.

Doesn't your ISP have a webpage or an app that lets you see your daily usage?

My Hoppers spend 1/2 of the year in an RV and the other half in a park model (tiny house). Since I'm mobile I use Verizon wireless for broadband and can easily check my data.

Anyway, I'm trying to understand those situations where I might use a lot of data.

I thought that if I'm using my home network with DISH Anywhere, my broadband data usage would be nil -- and from what I've seen that's true. I figured that DISH home network streaming was similar in principle to Apple's AirPlay.

However, it appears that I could also use DISH Anywhere app to access my Hopper's programming outside my home network, right?

In that case, it looks like I could burn through a lot of data. For example, if I used DISH Anywhere on my iPhone using Verizon's 4G network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts