Hopper with Sling - Hopper Transfers not working consistently

miker295

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle
I had the new Hopper with Sling installed Thursday and am having problems with the Hopper Transfers app. Within the HWS, I see the Prepare option but when I press it the menu just disappears. I can't seem to find anything on the TV menus which indicate the status of anything actually preparing for transfer - maybe that's not even a feature?

I've installed the Hopper Transfers app and it connects to my Hopper just fine. When I see programs on my Hopper I can look at the details and there is a Transfer button, but again nothing happens when I press it - just a quick spinning icon for less than a second and then nothing.

It worked briefly a day ago - I was able to transfer two recordings, but I can't seem to figure out why it worked twice and why it won't work for anything else. I have two additional recordings that - according to the app - have been Prepared - but it won't let me transfer them.

I've rebooted on both ends.

Thanks,

Mike

I had the new Hopper with Sling installed Thursday and am having problems with the Hopper Transfers app. Within the HWS, I see the Prepare option but when I press it the menu just disappears. I can't seem to find anything on the TV menus which indicate the status of anything actually preparing for transfer - maybe that's not even a feature?

I've installed the Hopper Transfers app and it connects to my Hopper just fine. When I see programs on my Hopper I can look at the details and there is a Transfer button, but again nothing happens when I press it - just a quick spinning icon for less than a second and then nothing.

It worked briefly a day ago - I was able to transfer two recordings, but I can't seem to figure out why it worked twice and why it won't work for anything else. I have two additional recordings that - according to the app - have been Prepared - but it won't let me transfer them.

I've rebooted on both ends.

Thanks,

Mike

After you press the transfer button in the app it should show you this and then you should see progress under the transfers tab.
I would try deleting and reinstalling the app.

image-2107023280.jpg

image-2529452518.jpg

I do not see those screens. When I press the transfer button, it says Processing for a fraction of a second, then nothing. I deleted the app, reinstalled, rebooted both systems, same thing.

Mike

Well I've tried all of the above things and nothing is working. I submitted feedback last Sunday and haven't heard anything. Any other ideas? Is anyone else out there having a problem transferring programs to the iPad?

Well I've tried all of the above things and nothing is working. I submitted feedback last Sunday and haven't heard anything. Any other ideas? Is anyone else out there having a problem transferring programs to the iPad?

Hmm...this may be overkill but I would check these things.

iPad os up to date
Delete and reinstall the app
Reboot the Hopper again
Reboot modem/router
How is your hopper connected to the Internet?
Reboot the iPad
iPad menus - settings,general,about,diagnostics, do not send

Let me know if any of that helps and ill keep thinking

I asked about any limitations in transferring records to @dish_answers on twitter and they said that there is "some content that is enforced with High Bandwidth Digital Copy-Protection." Some will delete from the receiver once transferred. Does anyone konw if there is any HDCP content on primetime anytime? How about Showtime (still waiting for Showtime Anytime content on dish...)?

I asked about any limitations in transferring records to @dish_answers on twitter and they said that there is "some content that is enforced with High Bandwidth Digital Copy-Protection." Some will delete from the receiver once transferred. Does anyone konw if there is any HDCP content on primetime anytime? How about Showtime (still waiting for Showtime Anytime content on dish...)?

I have noticed that some content warns me that it will be deleted from the DVR upon transferring, however that doesn't seem to be my issue. In my case, I get no message whatsoever, and nothing transfers. Or I am able to prepare it for mobile, and the transfer fails. I would say I have about a 15% success rate on transferring content right now.

I have noticed that some content warns me that it will be deleted from the DVR upon transferring, however that doesn't seem to be my issue. In my case, I get no message whatsoever, and nothing transfers. Or I am able to prepare it for mobile, and the transfer fails. I would say I have about a 15% success rate on transferring content right now.

Since the content is deleted from the Hopper's DVR upon tranferring to the iPad, is there any way to get the content transfered back to the Hopper's DVR from the iPad after viewing?

Since the content is deleted from the Hopper's DVR upon tranferring to the iPad, is there any way to get the content transfered back to the Hopper's DVR from the iPad after viewing?
Not all content is deleted, only HBO and Cinemax. And no there is no way to transfer it back.

Well... What was so bad about the copy protection on Archos gen 5 PMP transfers? Or the Pocketdish before those? If transferred programs were ever compromised, I failed to notice.

It's all for copyright reasons. This is one of the reasons it took Dish so long to come out with the feature.

If it's copyright issues then why does DIRECTV nomad allow you to copy a DRM recording, to up
to five mobile devices, and keep a copy on the source HD DVR? Usually it DIRECTV that's following the law to the letter and Dish pushing the envelope.

Just an update for everyone - the app is now working consistently. I'm not sure what changed; perhaps they rolled out a software update to the Hopper. In any case, it works now and I'm loving the feature!

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)