Hopper with sling improvements

Any reason why they can have a USB OTA tuner but can't create a USB dongle that has 1or 2 tuners it it to add to the Hopper?
Huh? There IS a single tuner USB OTA dongle for the Hopper.

Or you mean add a USB Sat tuner?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
There are only three sat streams coming in to the Hopper and three sat tuners. There would have to be another coax run to any USB sat tuner. Fail.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There are only three sat streams coming in to the Hopper and three sat tuners. There would have to be another coax run to any USB sat tuner. Fail.

No it is not a "fail", because you have to run another coax to any other solution too. And "any other solution" costs a whole lot more than a USB sat tuner. Which is probably the real reason Dish doesn't do this.

Add a "by time" option to sort the results of search and themes searches as was the case before the latest update.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but since you're asking, On a 2 HWS system, how about the ability to stay in the other Hopper's DVR after stopping a show rather than being dumped back in your own. This is very tedious when watching a bunch of 30 minute programs back to back from the other Hopper. I'd also like to see the other Hopper's EHD from the Hopper I'm watching.

I'd like Dish to find a way to sync the Joey and hopper so that there is not a short lag between them.

Ex-kitchen Joey is tuned to local news and the living room HWS is as well. If I go into the living room I hear an annoying echo of the broadcast.

I wish there was a way to delay the HWS to match the Joey. Never had that problem with Vip equipment but it's been like that since launch of the hopper system.

And bring back our P & S icons for protected and saved recordings.

I'd like Dish to find a way to sync the Joey and hopper so that there is not a short lag between them.

Ex-kitchen Joey is tuned to local news and the living room HWS is as well. If I go into the living room I hear an annoying echo of the broadcast.

I wish there was a way to delay the HWS to match the Joey. Never had that problem with Vip equipment but it's been like that since launch of the hopper system.

And bring back our P & S icons for protected and saved recordings.

I have my hopper in the living room and had my joey in the computer room directly behind the living room tv. When we watch live events like the news or other shows that are actually recording , I would find the tuner on the screen and hit join to watch on the same tuner as the hopper in the living room and then wait for about 10 - 20 seconds and hit skip back and it would synchronize the channel so I could hear sound and see picture as the same time. Sometimes I would have to hit pause as well to get both hopper and joey to be synched, but it worked. It doesn't work on recorded shows , but you can use it on live tv and shows that are still recording ,as long as you join the tuner in the other room that you want to synch with. Since the new announced price hike, I have gone with an hdmi splitter, to eliminate the computer room joey completely.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but since you're asking, On a 2 HWS system, how about the ability to stay in the other Hopper's DVR after stopping a show rather than being dumped back in your own. This is very tedious when watching a bunch of 30 minute programs back to back from the other Hopper. I'd also like to see the other Hopper's EHD from the Hopper I'm watching.
Select DVR, other Hopper, edit, select all shows you want to watch, select edit action, select auto play.

Does se anyone other than you and me even remember what S-video is?

i would love to seethe exterminator be more successful.
Content to PC would be great, but content providers would not like it.
Whats an app? LOL

1. Remove all current bugs.
2. Extent the PTAT w/all local, including Hispanic local. (I know that exist the USB device for local tuner.)
3. Send (Copy-Free) material to PC (like Tivo Desktop).
4. Ability to change CC/SAP in one-button remote.
5. More APPS.

In a future Hardware upgrade:
1. S-video output
2. IEE-1394 (at least for local and some permitted channel).

This may be more of a bug fix, but I would like to be able to watch a show that is recording, stop it, and resume where I left off.

This may be more of a bug fix, but I would like to be able to watch a show that is recording, stop it, and resume where I left off.

LOL, I have requested that since 2007. Sent several emails to Dish Tech and they thanked me for my good idea. All the different TV providers DVRs have it with the exception of Dish. My wife is still upset at Dish DVRs. We use it all the time when we watch Nascar, NHRA, F-1, and Indy races. We like to start watching the races about an hour after they start recording so we can skip the commercials. But it makes it hard when we want to stop watching and then resume a little later. You have to start all over. Couple of fellow forum members thought maybe Dish would fix the issue as soon as the TIVO lawsuits were cleared up. But, oh well!

Does se anyone other than you and me even remember what S-video is?

i would love to seethe exterminator be more successful.
Content to PC would be great, but content providers would not like it.
Whats an app? LOL

"TIVO Desktop" have this function. and work for copy-free channels. HBO force the flag of copy-once and for example does not work.
For example for local channel and PI will be unencrypted when transfer to E-HD, currently FCC permit recorded content via ota.

for a dvd record enthusiasm the s-video is a great piece of archaeology.

Last edited:
Generally feels decent, aside from a few bugs.

That being said, Hopper/Joey UI feels about a step or two behind a more modern UI like new Netflix UI on Roku 3. Which, granted, people have had their complaints about it, but personally, I am a fan of it, despite some flaws. Feels very modern.

Oh, and like others have said, give us the option to change the update time. We could do so before. Not sure why they changed that.

I have not used an EHD yet, but if the EHD is not available to be used directly with recordings (essentially increasing recording space) than that is what I would like to request. I see a Super Joey in my future, and am only concerned about recording space. Would be great if it is seamless, rather than having to transfer to make more space for recordings.

The ability to share an output stream between a Hopper and Joey. My wife likes to roam while we are watching TV together and is always complaining that she can't have the same program playing in more than one room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts