Hopper with sling improvements

New PIP functionality: being able to swap audio without swapping which is the primary channel; and, being able to change the small PIP channel without needing to use a swap to achieve it.

I have not used an EHD yet, but if the EHD is not available to be used directly with recordings (essentially increasing recording space) than that is what I would like to request. I see a Super Joey in my future, and am only concerned about recording space. Would be great if it is seamless, rather than having to transfer to make more space for recordings.

Recordings can only be transferred to the EHD. They can then be watched directly from the EHD. They cannot be recorded directly to the EHD.

I need more timer events. Before I upgraded, I had a 722 and 625. They each had close to 100 timers on each box so I could record anything I wanted. Now I the HWS has around 93 timers so I don't have the capacity to record like i used to. And speaking of capacity, why not have a 3TB hard drive. These would come in handy especially if you got a super joey and had 2 more tuners.

With the 722 the limit was 96 timers. Using the former Dish Remote Access you could push that up to 100 or more. The catch was you could not add another timer with the manual remote without getting below 96.

My problem with the Hopper is more the event limit of 576 (?) because it is easy to be too loose in specifying the title and get hundreds more. It is really bad when they have marathons on multiple channels. With a little care, specific channels, exact and long enough names you can barely get by. They should show how many events you are requesting when adding a new timer. It's there but only on one page.
And why can't we edit the title later, for example, to make it exact.

-Ken

Last edited:
I'd like to see the ability to change the font size on the guide. That has been a big request from customers and I have to agree it would be a nice feature to add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts