Hopper with sling Installed

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
Hey guys I just got my hopper and 2 joeys installed. The tech was a bit late but he apologized since his retailer is 60miles away from my area.

He was friendly and quickly replaced both LNBs and replaced the connectors on all of the cables. He took the old switches and installed a new one. Then the hopper and joeys were quickly set up without a hitch.

I created my timers and so far the receiver is super snappy. Coming from my 922 I found the sling feature a bit faster.

Overall I'm impressed and hope to have a positive experience with the Hopper.

Cool, your going to like it. :)

Just remember that in the first 24 to 48 hours it is normal for some things not to work correctly so if you have any issues during this time period do not worry its still setting itself up. :D

Cool, your going to like it. :)

Just remember that in the first 24 to 48 hours it is normal for some things not to work correctly so if you have any issues during this time period do not worry its still setting itself up. :D

Thanks for the heads up! So far everything's been fine :)

Just got mine as well. Tech installed the wrong hopper and had to come back and install the hopper with sling! Other than that I have to say its a damn good upgrade from a 722K

Just got mine as well. Tech installed the wrong hopper and had to come back and install the hopper with sling! Other than that I have to say its a damn good upgrade from a 722K

Yup I feared that they were going to bring the wrong one but it turns out they didn't :)

Right now, I'm loving it and I notice the sling feature is working even better than before with 600kbps of upload. I'm hoping ISP's here in Puerto Rico raise the upload speeds soon. Right now I'm paying $44 a month for phone and 3mbps/600kbps DSL. The only ISP who offers 1mb of upload is $60 a month and I'm looking to cut costs so I won't upgrade anytime soon.

Oh my god, I just got the HWS free O,O my account shows the $100 charge and a $100 credit instead of $50 which was the price It was offered to me. I am psyched beyond belief

Lucky. I had to pay 200 for the hopper and 50 for the third joey

That sucks big time. The pricing was one of the reasons that I didn't upgrade when the first hopper came out. Equipment costs for existing customers sucks with dish, I had to pay $100 for my 922 2 years ago. I'm really shocked that I'm actually getting a freebie.

The 922 bugged me because my 2nd TV was SD and I I had constant DVR conflicts with the wife. I also had a 211k in my sons bedroom which got swapped for a joey. Its really cool to have every tv connected to the same HDD and in HD. Plus getting grandfathered was another deciding point for when prices increase on the 22nd.

Much depends on your Dish history. I paid $100 for a Hopper and 2 Joeys, installed....

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with that. I've had autopay on my account since 2006 I think. Also I kept the $7 protection plan forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts