Hopper With Sling S515 Update Is Here

I have had the HWS for a month and recorded many network programs all along without being able to autohop anything. Started this morning, maybe the upgrade enabled PTAT on my Hopper, I didn't.
If it was entirely off, nothing is autohop-enabled. As I mentioned, if you don't want 100% PTAT, just enable it on (1) day and (1) network. You can even reduce the # of days it keeps them down to 2 or 3. As long as you do that, anything you record the normal, old-fashioned way (on ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and between 8pm (7pm on Sunday) to 11pm will autohop. If you have OTA, those will autohop as well.

I'm very surprised that Dish would enable it. Part of their "fight" against the network is that they make the user take multiple steps to set up commercial-skipping (their argument is the viewer/customer is doing it, not Dish).

I just got 515 on my HWS today as well. I was at 514.

But does anyone have any poop on when we might see some of these features on the regular hopper. It's still on the old menus, guides and slower than (well me)! ;)

Or is the regular hopper on a legacy list and I'll have to call and get escalated to Customer Retention for them to replace my regular hopper with a new HWS. I only got one HWS as it seemed that two would be overkill as I already had the normal hopper and the sling adapter.

But if they are going to let the regular hopper just languish then rename it to 'Broken leg Hopper' or move some of these features (especially the guide icons hints) to the Hopper.

The only problem I have had so far with the new software is that I lost the OTA dongle.
No big deal as a reboot of the Hopper brought the dongle back and OTA channels now OK again.

Same here and I totally agree.

Is there something with this newest software release that you absolutely need that you can't seem to wait any longer? I've been one of the people that have been getting the new updates and I honestly haven't noticed many changes other than my Joeys not working for most of the day yesterday.

I can side with you guys on some of the buggy releases though. I have to admit that it gets annoying seeing new updates only to have new issues. You'd think there would be some better quality control. Maybe they feel the need to roll these out as fast as possible because they see so many piss and moan on here though. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall
Sherrman did you figure out the problem with the Joeys or did they just come around eventually on their own?

I followed someone's advice on here and turned of the bridging. After that I had the Joeys reboot and then they downloaded the software like they were suppose to. So far they are working great now.

The one I have at work in our show room I didn't do anything to and it was working when I got here this morning.

The problem I reported in the S514 (and S512, and...) thread with manual timers is still there in S515. Last time I will bother posting on this since Dish doesn't seem to care and others seem to think anything not affecting them is a petty complaint.

I FINALLY GOT S515 SOFTWARE!!!! :grinbounce

All my joeys and super joey work just fine and I love the green caption button -that I suggested. It works just the way I said it should: one button push on /off. I'm finally glad that the sub channel ota timers work again,even though the early /late feature still doesn't work. I still wish that DISH would enable the "add the ota station "option . It has been "coming soon" since 2012 and it is way overdue. All in all to me , it looks like a good software update.:hatsoff

Did you guys that have 515 also have 512 and 514? Also why no 513? Was it considered bad luck? ;)
When I worked for Safeway back in the 80's we bought an old Weingarten store and converted it to a Safeway in my home town. The store had no isle 13. It went from 12 to 14. If we had a feisty customer that really caused us grief and they asked where something was , we always said :"that is on isle 13." I was always funny to see the poor idiot go around and around looking for isle 13, till finally they would come back and say:" I can't find isle 13 , or you sure there is one?" I would always respond back :" Did I say isle 13? Oh that item is on isle ...(what ever it really was)." :poke

Just received the S515 this morning and I still have CBS. I can receive two OTA CBS's so all is ok...

For those that have S515, did it fix the audio problems?

My HWS w/S506 still has the audio up and down issue even though I switched to using optical audio from HDMI audio.

What does the new version give you? I'm still sitting on 506 on both my HWS's at this time. I was hoping they would add WatchESPN to the app list and/or more apps in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)