Hopper With Sling S515 Update Is Here

I'm not even sure if full Hopper integration was ever promised by Dish to the public. I think it was just something we talked about here a lot.

Never anything public or official from Dish as far as I know.

There was talk nearly a year before release at team summit, but that was trade show floor talk that subsequently reported second hand here. Anyone who has ever been anywhere close to a trade show floor knows not to believe a word of what is said. Honest intentions and deliberately hedged statements of "we plan to", "we hope to", "we're looking at", etc, etc get repeated and magically become a "promise."

The only "official" mention I know of was the timer push feature reported during Scott's CES interview with Khemka.

Anyone who buys into ANY product based on anything "coming soon" even if officially announced is begging to be disappointed.

I know I get a little irritated but few people in my real life can understand why when technology fails I'm mad. They are like just order a new one well it's not supposed to

Well the repair guys thought it could only possible be my livingroom hopper I'm like that can't be it they can't be broken that many times but they actually think they are smarter then you so they keep replacing the same thing over and over.

I remember a time before working full time when I felt the same way. I grew up and realized that nothing is meant to last anymore, at least not like it use to. Anything that is electronic can fail at any time and that's just a way of life.

As for the Hopper and the techs, I think that had more to do with techs that really didn't know enough. The first year of the Hopper was a headache for techs because it was so new and so much more complicated. After a year most techs figured out all the tricks and new how to troubleshoot better. In most cases it wasn't a bad Hopper but was bad cable or wall plates in the house.

I think the integration they have know is a happy median to suit the majority. Anyone that isn't happy (will always be a few) should consider given up one hopper for a super joey and deal with the less tuner.

Last edited:
this is totally my fault when I heard the word integration my hopes were a little to high. So down they came a crashing. I will always have to defend that we have better machines in my opinion then any of the other company's. So the techs are crazy, support is nuts. I still appreciate state of the art equipment even though I still want more.

Never anything public or official from Dish as far as I know.

Anyone who buys into ANY product based on anything "coming soon" even if officially announced is begging to be disappointed.

Case in point: the 922 dvr. I bought it because it was supposed to have the eventual release of the sling extender for tv 2 in hd. Then they didn't release it. That was it for me. After that I traded that turkey back in for a 722k instead. I no longer buy anything on what "Might" be coming down the line.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts